Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No video stills only. Wanna bet the kid sues and wins...

Comment

Perhaps the officer can sue to get his job back on the basis of discrimination (apparently he's vulcan)...
      This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
        Perhaps the officer can sue to get his job back on the basis of discrimination (apparently he's vulcan)...
        I had to go back and check the ears on that on.
        In God We Trust
        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Like some have said, I will reserve judgement. I know how he feels.
          Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I was there..not a choke..suspect was uncooperative while swapping cuffs for the wagon. Officer used pressure point to gain compliance and suspect went "weak knee." Election year, enough said. Shame to lose 22 years of service....

Comment

Thank god I live in a state with civil service and union protection.
              Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

I was just going to say that early voting for the primary is going on right now. The primary is May 6 and early voting is going on for the next few days. The primary will probably elect the Sheriff in that county.
                That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

Originally posted by TJx2 View Post
                  I was there..not a choke..suspect was uncooperative while swapping cuffs for the wagon. Officer used pressure point to gain compliance and suspect went "weak knee." Election year, enough said. Shame to lose 22 years of service....
                  Wow. So a good cop is being railroaded for political gain.
                  https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

That's why you don't go work for an SO without civil service protection! Election years are a MF'er!
                    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

What a crock of Shiote. Looks like the Sheriff has a very limited knowledge of defensive tactics and techniques, or worse is sacrificing a mans career and reputation for political gain.

Comment

Why is it nowadays that a lot of Sheriffs don't seem to remember anything about their time on the road???? Were they NOT cops???
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                        that we are all that stands between
                        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                          Why is it nowadays that a lot of Sheriffs don't seem to remember anything about their time on the road???? Were they NOT cops???
                          Not always. One in the county where I live has zero law enforcement experience. He does, however, seem to have a great relationship with his employees and I've never seen/heard of him throwing any of them under the bus.

Comment

Alot of LE brass could not give a flying sh$& about what it was like when they worked the road. We live in a "ME" society, and if there is a slight possibility that your actions will cause them any grief you will be canned.

Comment

There is a lot of assuming going on both ways....I cannot imagine an AI being done on this w/o the other officers being interviewed. I also saw zero physical resistance by the SBJ and verbal non-compliance is no excuse for a mandibular or any other physical force, period. I'm pretty sure I don't even need to review my Koga, PPCT, Krav, or other defense-tactics instructor manuals I have to confirm that.

spock.png .......Verbal abuse to a cop is like rain to a duck.

Damn right, pictures/video don't show everything....but this looks pretty damning to me. I believe this was handled right barring some new evidence.

Lastly, I'm a hyper-cynical SOB about administration but also know, personally, that if you cannot do the job like a proffessional anymore....get the f**k out. The 'good' cops out there don't need the taint of a burnout hassling thier job every night.
                              Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                              “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                              “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                              "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                              ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

38-3-121. Use of choke holds.

No law enforcement officer shall use a choke hold or other similar respiratory restraining maneuver, with or without the use of a police baton, on any suspect, defendant or other person unless other methods of restraint are ineffective. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the use of the lateral vascular maneuver.

Unfortuantly the Deputy is going to have a difficult time proving that his force was justified by the fact there are 2 other Officer's on scene and they all have quite a but of size on the suspect. Looks like a ****ty situation.

From what I hear the Sheriff's office was responding to a mutual aid call to assisted University Police with a "block" party that got out of hand. Comments from the UTK Students attending really make me mad, they blame the police for showing up. Once the Cruisers arrived on the street it became an aggressive mob and they began attacking the cruisers and Officer's on scene. UTK Student say that if the Officer's would have just left then none of this would have happened.

Students threw rocks, bottles, and other objects at the cruisers and the Officer's when they arrived on scene.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5265 users online. 280 members and 4985 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X