300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by btfp View Post
    He was fired due to threats from the community and community outrage. They did not want him ambushed on calls or threatened doing his job. He was a distraction.
    Fu-- That. So we hide and throw one of our own under the bus? That could easily be anyone of us one day. As much as I hate NY that sh-- wouldnt happen here.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
      Out of the dog shooting I see being discussed here this one seems tough to be neutral on. On the one hand, as Iowa has pointed out dogs can easily be dealt with without resorting to shooting them. On the other hand, since the deputy was there for a call I believe the owner should of been expecting him and therefore had his dog secure.

My dog is big and will bark at a stranger coming onto our property, I don't know how many dogs wouldn't. Besides sleeping and eating it's one of their only jobs.

Isn't OC pretty effective against most dogs? (I'm not an LEO and asking)
      It's not really effective. The stuff the mailman uses is pretty good. I would like to get some for my wife and kid. I volunteer with SPCA as well, but I have and will put a dog down thats attacking me. I'm not subduing a dog. If it's coming for me I'm not getting bit. Then I am charging it's owner as well.
      MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
        It's not really effective. The stuff the mailman uses is pretty good. I would like to get some for my wife and kid. I volunteer with SPCA as well, but I have and will put a dog down thats attacking me. I'm not subduing a dog. If it's coming for me I'm not getting bit. Then I am charging it's owner as well.
        In my area postal employees are issued Halt Dog Repellent Spray. A number of years ago a postal inspector accompanied on a search warrant. A large aggressive pit with a wagging docked tail was in a fenced in yard. The spray was ineffective surprising the inspector. I was amazed that the spray enraged the pit and postal inspector was able to scale a 6’ fence in record time.
        I’m told a canister of Bear spray would be a better choice for family members.

Comment

The guy was still on probation and the sheriff more than likely did it to protect himself at the next election. Its political .Had nothing to do with this guy being ambushed and attacked by people as some from up north like to keep saying. This is a rural community.The gangster gang tactics of ambushing people doesnt really happen here but good try at continuing to throw that out.

Comment

Originally posted by sanitizer View Post
            In my area postal employees are issued Halt Dog Repellent Spray. A number of years ago a postal inspector accompanied on a search warrant. A large aggressive pit with a wagging docked tail was in a fenced in yard. The spray was ineffective surprising the inspector. I was amazed that the spray enraged the pit and postal inspector was able to scale a 6’ fence in record time.
            NOTHING is 100% effective all the time----------------even a .45

The spray issued by the USPS is NORMALLY quite effective ----of course so is the .45
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

The spray issued by the USPS is NORMALLY quite effective
              That's essentially what the Postal Inspector kept repeating while I completed an incident report, firearm discharge memorandum and cleaned my Glock.

Comment

That's essentially what the Postal Inspector kept repeating while I completed an incident report, firearm discharge memorandum and cleaned my Glock.
                Yep----------------------totally understand
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

When I was on SWAT we used fire extinguishers and they worked really well. The only thing that worked better were flashbangs!
                  Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cabonfiberfoot for pointing out OC spray is an effective tool if use correctly.

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cabonfiberfoot for pointing out OC spray is an effective tool if use correctly.
                      As long as you mix enough of it with fire and oxygen, it should be able to stop nearly anything.

Comment

NOTHING is 100% effective all the time----------------even a .45

The spray issued by the USPS is NORMALLY quite effective ----of course so is the .45

I've only put about 200 rounds through mine (Winchester White Box, Blazer Brass, Doubletap, Federal Hyrda-Shock), but haven't experienced any issues. It always goes bang, and the slide always locks back. I finally found more .380 ammo last week, and will report back once I get closer to the 1000 round mark.
                        The 8-9lb trigger on this thing really compromises the effectiveness of the gun. If it had the same break as my 19, I'd by smitten by it. It still makes for a solid pocket pistol, but it could be a 25 yard + effective pocket pistol (like the Shield\P938\P380 are) with a cleaned up trigger. As existing Glock trigger parts are not compatible with it, I hope the aftermarket steps up to help soon.

I'm 400 rounds in now, with the only failure being the slide not locking back after a magazine of Blazer brass.
                        Carbonfiber, I ‘m waiting patiently for your G42 update. You mentioned additional rounds will need to be fired, any chance of you accompanying Iowa on a few serves?
                        If sh*t hits the fan, and you have no other options other than dispatching the dog, can you fire sufficient rounds and compete your G42 evaluation?

FYI on my last encounter with a docked pit, its stub of a tail wagged swiftly like the prop on an Evinrude V6 300 hp outboard motor enabling it to charge faster.

Comment

Carbonfiber, I ‘m waiting patiently for your G42 update. You mentioned additional rounds will need to be fired, any chance of you accompanying Iowa on a few serves?
                          If sh*t hits the fan, and you have no other options other than dispatching the dog, can you fire sufficient rounds and compete your G42 evaluation?

FYI on my last encounter with a docked pit, its stub of a tail wagged swiftly like the prop on an Evinrude V6 300 hp outboard motor enabling it to charge faster.
                          I rarely carry a 380 when on dog calls (unless I am out and about when I get the call and that is what I have on me at the time)

Like I said------------been bit TWICE (been doing the dog catching for 5 yrs) and one was a Lab, & the other was a Bichon (once again me being stupid trying to take dog from a house where the coroner was trying to determine why "Mommy" was dead on the floor)
                          Moral of that story is don't get between dog and dead owner.

Comment

If I'm tasked with protecting Iowa from an aggressive dog, it won't be with a pocket .380!
                            Last edited by Carbonfiberfoot; 04-28-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Iowa will take care of himself.

Comment

Iowa will take care of himself.
                                What a difference a day makes. Just think yesterday we were ready to place you in protective custody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3518 users online. 202 members and 3316 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X