Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cop shoots dog, gets TERMINATED

http://www.kltv.com/story/25335952/d...y-shooting-dog

This is why you never shoot at peoples pets. He is lucky no one targeted him.

Some people are not good at reading pets. Doggy sees you, he's excited, someone to play with me. tail is wagging, he jumps up to greet you. Vs
    Doggy is growling, ears back, baring teeth, aggressive bark, charging at you. you are an intruder. BIG difference.

This cop made a pisz poor decision and now it cost him his job. People would have called 911 to get him out on a call and ambush him.

People will toss your *** under the bus and WILL punch you in the face or threaten to shoot you for shooting a pet. Some might carry it out.

He is done at that dept.and should he want a law enforcement career, might I suggest at least 1500 miles away. Or the local mall might be hiring...

Want to hang onto your job?

1 Do not shoot peoples pets unless the animal is aggressive. If you are not sure back away. only as a last resort.

2 Ignore the man with the camera phone.

Then you are all good to go.

Would this deputy be able to resume his LE career elsewhere after an incident like this? (Should he choose to do so) Or is he one-and-done?

Comment

I can post videos of dogs (admittedly mostly pit bulls) happily wagging their tails while they chew someone's arm off. Would love to see the whole incident on video.
      When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

And by the way, in the video the sheriff said he fired the deputy due to public pressure.
        When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

Comment

Without seeing everything on video,its hard to say what happened. id have sprayed the dog myself or pulled a asp but unless your there its hard to judge what was going on.

Biggest red flag ive heard is the guys lawyer is now saying he has been on the street for just over 6 months but only had a day and a half of FTO training.If your not trained things like this can happen.

Comment

Fired due to public pressure? Where's the cops union? Oh, right, Texas...

I have multiple dogs but if I ever felt threatened by a dog enough to fear that being bit by them would leave me with a serious injury, I would do what I had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom S View Post
              I can post videos of dogs (admittedly mostly pit bulls) happily wagging their tails while they chew someone's arm off. Would love to see the whole incident on video.
              Wagging tails mean absolutely nothing to a dog.

If you don't' know how to read a dogs body language ------you are probably going to get bit if you don't' know what they are doing.

Breed means nothing either.

I didn't watch the video ----------and don't plan on doing so....................but if I was an administrator I too, would want to see the whole story before making a decision

And by the way, in the video the sheriff said he fired the deputy due to public pressure.
              I don't have a problem with that either----------------if the officer was on probation , the Sheriff could articulate that this shows a lack of judgement ---even if he wouldn't terminate a tenured deputy

Originally posted by LINY View Post

See above

I have multiple dogs but if I ever felt threatened by a dog enough to fear that being bit by them would leave me with a serious injury, I would do what I had to do.
              I have multiple dogs----------------------and work as a "dog catcher" for my sheriff.

I always carry when I go on dog calls and if I "suspect" anything I usually call for an on-duty deputy to assist. Usually the deputy stands around telling me I am going to get bit------then shakes his head when the dog comes up to me and eats out of my hand

(Yes I am careful)-----------I DO KNOW what I am doing with dogs & have never got bit unless it was my fault---------------that was an injured dog that I hurt when I touched him .

We determined that dog was injured to bad to transport and destroyed him
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Wagging tails mean absolutely nothing to a dog.

Exactly the point I was making. The text of the article made a point of the dog wagging it's tail as if that was significant. It's not.

Comment

LEO's in Texas have the option to have prepaid legal representation that are probably cheaper than dues for a REQUIRED union.
                    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I always see the tail wagging argument in cases like this.

"It is so important for people to realize that a wagging tail does not equal a dog that is friendly or wants to be petted," E'Lise Christensen Bell, Veterinarian
                      Cogito ergo sum

Comment

$28.00 a month and works for me.Not all of the politics of a union with it.Ive had both.

Comment

Exactly the point I was making. The text of the article made a point of the dog wagging it's tail as if that was significant. It's not.
                          Actually a wagging tail is an indicator of a happy dog.........................BUT

You look at the ears & the eyes along with that tail.

One body language trait doesn't tell the whole story.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

He was fired due to threats from the community and community outrage. They did not want him ambushed on calls or threatened doing his job. He was a distraction.

Comment

Out of the dog shooting I see being discussed here this one seems tough to be neutral on. On the one hand, as Iowa has pointed out dogs can easily be dealt with without resorting to shooting them. On the other hand, since the deputy was there for a call I believe the owner should of been expecting him and therefore had his dog secure.

My dog is big and will bark at a stranger coming onto our property, I don't know how many dogs wouldn't. Besides sleeping and eating it's one of their only jobs.

Isn't OC pretty effective against most dogs? (I'm not an LEO and asking)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6480 users online. 350 members and 6130 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X