300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to keep badge from sliding around

So we were recently issued badges that have the pin and safety catch. Also issued was a leather belt clip. Now the badge in my credentials stays put just fine but my belt badge slides all around inside of the belt clip. I've tried sliding a piece of leather between the pin and the leather but it barely works. Any of you have experience keeping your badge put?

Clip looks like this without the chain

If the Badge stays on the clip put some silicone gasket maker between them to glue it in place, if you have to remove the badge cut the silicone next to the badge after it dries.

Comment

If it need not come off the holder- use double sided tape. If it will come off the clip- take a small piece of web-belt, cut it to size and pin through it.
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

I went out and got myself a recessed badge holder.

Comment

We are issued lug/safety pin design backs. Same issues, even with recessed shield holder.

I use a two prong paper fastener(female end with the two hold) and bend it into shape to fit lug through each hole and the bend of the metal adds tension to the safety pin and keeps the shield from moving.

This metal prong is affixed to the rear of the shield obviously, in which you just put your pin over it.

Ill try to get a pic later.
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3022 users online. 140 members and 2882 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X