300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
    Let's see, we've had very stiff penalties that have allowed us to keep crooks off the street for a long time. We have been seeing that pay dividends in some of the lowest crime rates in over 50 years, but now we want to give everyone a hug and let them go,,,,,,guess what's next.....
    Bingo ^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
      Let's see, we've had very stiff penalties that have allowed us to keep crooks off the street for a long time. We have been seeing that pay dividends in some of the lowest crime rates in over 50 years, but now we want to give everyone a hug and let them go,,,,,,guess what's next.....

The supposed intent is to clear out all the low level offenders who, because of zero tolerance policies or mandatory minimums, even for lesser crimes, have spent years and years in the can. Of course, this is the .gov, and they don't have a great track record of accomplishing their goals, unless it is related to removing more freedom from the average taxpayer.

Comment

Sure...the Leopard will change their spots.

What do you think these crack-pot heads are going to do once they get out, work at Mickie D's? People forget these clowns are incarcerated because they cannot conform to society's rules, and repeatedly offend. I know of none that are sentenced to prison unless they have worked real hard to get there. I think it would be a mistake to grant clemency, at least not until the majority of their sentence was served. I agree the crime rate would definitely increase. But what do I know?

Ski

Comment

Release them!

More job security!
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
            Either way the taxpayers will be forced to pay for the medical care of drug addicts - at least while incarcerated, they won't be committing crimes to feed their addiction. And if we'd use prisoners for manual labor, they'd actually be accomplishing something.
            This argument is wrong, because it is circular.

Comment

Originally posted by RIVERSMVP11
              I'd rather have cells available for rapists than pot users.
              A pretty good chunk of crime in this country revolves around marijuana, whether direct or indirect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2437 users online. 147 members and 2290 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X