300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly Passed Georgia Gun Law

I came across this on the internet a bit ago. Opinions?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...id=msnhp&pos=1

Ski

Ok whats wrong with this? They are moving in the right direction. Never understood all the restrictions to where you can or cant carry. Florida has some really lax gun laws i hope we adopt some of those.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

If you're legally entitled to carry a firearm I see no reason that you shouldn't be able to carry anywhere you want that isn't precluded by law for whatever reason.
      He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
      shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
      - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Conservatives will like it, Liberals won't. Because liberals value feelings and intentions more than empirical evidence, like this:

Guns in churches? Guns in bars? People running around in airports with guns? Guns in schools? This is insane! Sit back and let the carnage begin!

But as Thomas Sowell explains in his new column, solid empirical evidence exists, to show what happens when more people are armed, it's just that liberals are not interested in this data, because 1, it contradicts their position, and 2. their focus is on their good intentions alone (regardless of what the data says):

http://townhall.com/columnists/thoma...7193/page/full
        https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

I'm surprised they needed a law like carrying in church if permissible. Why is that an issue? The bar one I think ought to be left up to the establishment, not the government. I can see why a bar owner would say leave the guns outside.

Comment

Years back when Florida was working up to statewide permits there was a flood of hyperbole in the media as to how all those guns would inevitably result in bloody carnage along palm lined avenues. Well it never happened- the carnage that is. Folks took their CCW class, paid their fee and got a statewide permit- and one that is now recognized in a great many other states for reciprocity.

When it comes to “regulating” where guns should be carried- the first regulator should be the individual carrying said firearm- i.e. not when you are drinking, skydiving, etc.
            Originally posted by SSD
            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

I wish it added a need for firearms training before you could get a permit and make penalties stiffer for those who break the law (with or without a permit).
              Originally posted by Ceridwen
              Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                I wish it added a need for firearms training before you could get a permit and make penalties stiffer for those who break the law (with or without a permit).
                States with ZERO restrictions on CCW, or very few restrictions or training requirements do not have any issues as a result. That tells me it may be a great idea, should be ENCOURAGED.......but not a legal requirement. A county Sheriff just over into Indiana is doing the NRA classes for people who have a CCW, starting with Basic Pistol and going up through all the levels I think.

The Sheriff's dept of anybody knows how many minutes a deputy is often from a situation when seconds count, especially with the bad weather we had last winter, on some days then deputies would be hours away probably.......the plows were getting stuck trying to clear roads for deputies to get in where foolish motorists were stuck.

Bill
                Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                  States with ZERO restrictions on CCW, or very few restrictions or training requirements do not have any issues as a result. That tells me it may be a great idea, should be ENCOURAGED.......but not a legal requirement. A county Sheriff just over into Indiana is doing the NRA classes for people who have a CCW, starting with Basic Pistol and going up through all the levels I think.

The Sheriff's dept of anybody knows how many minutes a deputy is often from a situation when seconds count, especially with the bad weather we had last winter, on some days then deputies would be hours away probably.......the plows were getting stuck trying to clear roads for deputies to get in where foolish motorists were stuck.

Bill

Got to love Arizona. No permit for conceal or open carry. Lots of people walk around with guns on their hips. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Max K View Post
                    Conservatives will like it, Liberals won't. Because liberals value feelings and intentions more than empirical evidence, like this:

Guns in churches? Guns in bars? People running around in airports with guns? Guns in schools? This is insane! Sit back and let the carnage begin!

But as Thomas Sowell explains in his new column, solid empirical evidence exists, to show what happens when more people are armed, it's just that liberals are not interested in this data, because 1, it contradicts their position, and 2. their focus is on their good intentions alone (regardless of what the data says):

http://townhall.com/columnists/thoma...7193/page/full
                    Do you have a different song than to blame liberals for everything? Many good cops are liberals. Do you have a problem with them?
                    Retired

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post

When it comes to “regulating” where guns should be carried- the first regulator should be the individual carrying said firearm- i.e. not when you are drinking, skydiving, etc.
                      So you don't think the owner of a business has the right to say he doesn't want firearms in his business? Or the school administrator doesn't have the right to say the same for schools?
                      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                        So you don't think the owner of a business has the right to say he doesn't want firearms in his business? Or the school administrator doesn't have the right to say the same for schools?

Private owned property yes should be able to restrict activities on their property.

Public school administrators, no they should have to follow public law.

Comment

Originally posted by retired View Post
                          I certainly do believe that a business owner should be able to say no guns. As for public schools- they should follow the law .

And if you didn’t notice it- I qualified my statement by saying “the first regulator should be the individual carrying said firearm”
                          Originally posted by SSD
                          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by dontknowwhy View Post
                            Have you encountered many reckless CCW holders?

I certainly feel that anyone who plans on carrying a weapon should train, but am very leery of state mandated training.

Aggravated assault is 5-20. Do the Dekalb DAs allow weak pleas from people who have committed felonies with firearms?

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
                              Have you encountered many reckless CCW holders?
                              They are not common but I do run across some.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4366 users online. 276 members and 4090 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X