Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ummmm.... are they still teaching Tennesse v. Gardner in academies?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummmm.... are they still teaching Tennesse v. Gardner in academies?

I mean, come on.....
    Shooting a fleeing felon in the *** at Walmart while off duty???
    -Then-, tell the Detectives that your weapon misfired before they see the video of you squaring-off and firing- THAT will get your *** charged.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/04/...est_morga.html

Can't fix stoopid.
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Disgusting, shopping at Walmart? eek.

Wow, very very stupid. Lock that moron (the cop) up.

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
      Can't fix stoopid.
      If they fixed it, 99% of us would be without work. This was really a dumb thing to do.
      Originally posted by Michigan View Post
      Disgusting, shopping at Walmart?
      So true.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

This immediately came to mind:

Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Deputy Fulford always gets his man.

Comment

I mean, come on.....
            Shooting a fleeing felon in the *** at Walmart while off duty???
            -Then-, tell the Detectives that your weapon misfired before they see the video of you squaring-off and firing- THAT will get your *** charged.

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2014/04/...est_morga.html

Can't fix stoopid.
            Here is one thing I have learned. It is best not to make rush to judgement decisions based on news stories. I have seen the media screw up many stories where I knew the facts. Now I have no idea of the facts of this case other than what you put in the link.

As I said, I do not know what happened or what went into the decision to prosecute. It may well be that the Deputy is an idiot. He may not. I would just hold off making assumptions about an article you read on a news website.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanE View Post
              As I said, I do not know what happened or what went into the decision to prosecute. It may well be that the Deputy is an idiot. He may not. I would just hold off making assumptions about an article you read on a news website.
              My first thought when reading where an officer is charged is-----------he f#$% up. While SOME jurisdictions might be fast to charge an officer MOST prosecutors are not going to do it unless there is something really off going on.

Who knows what happened except the ones on scene.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I am quite confident that if it had been me and I recognized a wanted felon while I was off duty, I would have dialed 911 and let the uniforms handle it. If he got away, so what, there is always tomorrow and many more wanted felons to arrest while on duty.

Can' t remember how many times off duty cops on my department got into trouble for off duty actions..
                Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  My first thought when reading where an officer is charged is-----------he f#$% up. While SOME jurisdictions might be fast to charge an officer MOST prosecutors are not going to do it unless there is something really off going on.

Who knows what happened except the ones on scene.
                  I used to think that way as well but I have noticed some questionable arrests over the years as well. Almost as if some prosecutors want to prove they are not conferring favoritism to law enforcement. I think that a lot of departmental polices are a result of officers doing dumb stuff.

The hesitation I have is making fun of someone like they are bozo the clown based on a short news story. Maybe the original poster has all of the facts and the Deputy is a real nut job, I don't know. I noticed that the original poster says that he is from Tennessee and the Deputy in the article is from Alabama so I cringed a little bit at some of the comments made.

I remember when I was in the Academy an instructor read to us a letter of a citizen complaint about an officer on a traffic stop. The letter was filled with a boat load of unprofessional conduct by an officer. The instructor then went around the room asking the soon to be officers their impressions. About 99% of the soon to be officers were ready to indict the officer. The instructor then played an in car video of the traffic stop. (A traffic ticket was issued that's how they were able to track the actual stop.) The video showed multiple obvious traffic infractions and nothing but professionalism from the officer through out the traffic stop.

Now I am not saying hold your place on the thin blue line of silence IF someone messed up. IF they messed up, it should be dealt with. Working in LE is a privilege not a right. What I am saying is I wouldn't jump on the joke parade based on a short news story with very few facts.

Comment

jonathanE:
                    Don't cringe- I live on the Al/TN line and Huntsville is a neighboring JD with whom my department works closely. The news accounts are accurate according to an HPD friend.
                    The Deputy is green, recently out of the academy, but again, going back to my original post- the whole TN v. Garner thing came to my mind.
                    Any cop worth his boot leather knows TN v. Garner or at least what that ruling produced: DO NOT SHOOT A FLEEING FELON unless they are an immediate threat to you or a third party.

The actions ARE that of, as you say, a bozo.
                    Let the parade resume....
                    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Huntsville city limits are spread out all over North AL.

There was an incident that comes to mind over in Louisville, KY. I seem to remember an officer was off-duty at a Wal Mart and chased down a shoplifter. I seem to recall that he shot her as she was fleeing in her truck. The officer said that she was trying to mow him down and ran over his foot. The video showed that she was driving away. He is no longer an officer and was charged as well.

I think the moral of the story is to stay away from Wal Mart.
                      That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

The bad guy always gets it in the end.............................the rear end. Should have been wearing a sign saying, "No deliveries in the rear!"
                        Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

There's actually 2 points to this story.

1. Don't shop at Wal Mart
                          2. Morgan County Sheriff's Office has an opening

Comment

jonathanE:
                            Don't cringe- I live on the Al/TN line and Huntsville is a neighboring JD with whom my department works closely. The news accounts are accurate according to an HPD friend.
                            The Deputy is green, recently out of the academy, but again, going back to my original post- the whole TN v. Garner thing came to my mind.
                            Any cop worth his boot leather knows TN v. Garner or at least what that ruling produced: DO NOT SHOOT A FLEEING FELON unless they are an immediate threat to you or a third party.

The actions ARE that of, as you say, a bozo.
                            Let the parade resume....
                            Well I stand corrected then.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTick
                              And now you're taking all the fun out of the job.
                              Tick if you work where I think you do, I know there is a whole lot of people living and visiting your city which are just waiting to become a part of a good story.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4681 users online. 307 members and 4374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X