Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you serve an eviction notice (fenced yard, pit bull comes running & barking)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you serve an eviction notice (fenced yard, pit bull comes running & barking)

In the news video below, the deputy fired at the dog but accidentally shot himself (he's recovering). The news video is biased in the usual way, implying that the shooting was probably not self-defense (implying it must be some kind of incompetence, or 'police brutality', or something like that, before even thinking about getting the deputy's side of the story).

My question is, is there a standard procedure for how to do this? I imagine there are a lot of fenced yards with a lot of pit bulls and other, often dangerous breeds.
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/video/#...self/255584201
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

To answer the question in the thread title

It would depend on the Rules of Civil Procedure in effect in that state or judicial district.

HINT: There are multiple ways of service an eviction notice
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Leave and call Animal control if needed, Place in mail box, wait for residents to leave or come back from some where. Your invading the dogs property. Its his area and he doesn't know who you are.

Not saying never shoot a dog or if he truly surprised you and your getting attacked you shouldn't shoot but some common sense should say "hey there is a big *** dog in there maybe i might not go in and think about this for a min."

That and the dog being much MUCH smaller then you reported and then seeing on video playing with 3 and 5 year old kids makes you look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck9899 View Post

That and the dog being much MUCH smaller then you reported and then seeing on video playing with 3 and 5 year old kids makes you look stupid.
        No not really .

Any rational person who knows ANYTHING about dogs know that a dog interacting with its "pack" can be a totally different animal than the same dog interacting with someone invading it's property/space.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

How Do You Serve An Eviction Notice (Fenced Yard, Pit Bull Comes Running & Barking)

This brings back memories. When I was still in Civil Process I had a dog attack me as I was going to post a Writ Of Restitution. "Fluffy" passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly from lead poisoning.

As 1603 posted, it is up to the rules in each area. I operated under the Minnesota Rules Of Civil Procedure. I have also been known to call a judge and ask a question in the unusual cases. Granted, not every area had the rapport that would allow that, but lucky for me, I was able to to that.

Comment

Simple. Make the paper into a paper airplane, look for an open window, etc., and launch it in as you drive off while on the PA announcing, "You've been served!!"
            SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Krell View Post
              Simple. Make the paper into a paper airplane, look for an open window, etc., and launch it in as you drive off while on the PA announcing, "You've been served!!"
              And then taunt the dog, saying "Catch me if you can!!!!"
              It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Throw a piece of beef into the back corner of the yard (like in Clue) then walk up to the door, all struttin' and sh*t.
                Originally posted by RSGSRT
                We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                  Throw a piece of beef into the back corner of the yard (like in Clue) then walk up to the door, all struttin' and sh*t.
                  Reminded me of the scene from Ferris Bueller where Principal Rooney dropped the flower pot on the dog's head.

"Sleep tight pooch."
                  SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Call the sheriffs department, because we don't do them.
                    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

There is more than one way to serve a notice.

In this instant it was not an emergency. I would have my buddy get a dog poll and just have him hold the dog while I do my business. If it is an emergency and I need to get to the door asap then the dog would get sprayed first and shot second (if spray didn't work).

Comment

Isn't mace an option? USPS uses it.

Comment

Big bowl of antifreeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Erasthenes View Post
                            Isn't mace an option? USPS uses it.
                            Pepper spray and Taser are not 100% effective on a dog. Oftentimes by the time a cop figures out spray has just p*ssed the dog off, teeth are sinking into flesh.

Covman
                            Last edited by covman454; 04-20-2014, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Your not using the right taser then, ive seen full grown bulls drop like a rock for charging officers crossing a pasture

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3923 users online. 244 members and 3679 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X