X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof the 'I' in FBI is for Idiots

FBI agent loses gun

FBI Agent's Weapon Recovered at Airport

DENVER (AP) -- Up to a dozen flights were delayed and a concourse was sealed off Saturday when an FBI agent reported his weapon and credentials missing. They were found 30 minutes later in a restaurant where he had eaten.

The agent, whose name was not released, apparently lost track of his bag when he left the restaurant to make a phone call, Transportation Security Administration spokesman Mike Fierberg said.

All planes at Concourse B gates were held after the agent alerted police, and passengers were not allowed to leave or enter the concourse, Fierberg said.

"It had the potential to be something serious. Fortunately it wasn't, except for that poor FBI agent who's going to have some explaining to do," Fierberg said.

Normal operations resumed after the bag was located.

FBI spokeswoman Ann Atanasio said she had no details on the weapon or what action the agent might face. She declined to say where the agent was based but said it was not Denver.
    All Units Code Zero on one, Code Zero on one...all non-emergency traffic go to TAC-2

This VIOLATES the First Cardinal Rule of ANY Law Enforcement Officer :

FAILURE TO SECURE AND SAFEGUARD YOUR WEAPON!!!!

Most of these Guys were Paper Pushers and Desk Jockeys Prior to their Appointment! A 4 Year Degree does Not Guarantee COMMON SENSE!!!1

Another Major Blunder : Carrying Your Frearm AND I.D./Credentials SEPARATE FROM YOUR PERSON??????????????????
    Last edited by Invisiblecop; 10-07-2003, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Frank Booth; 02-27-2005, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Losing or Dropping weapon

I remember in Boot Camp in the Marines the pain and humiliation recruits went through for Mis-placing or dropping their weapons on runs. The M-16 was your buddy and you never lost track of it. I am sure people goof but that is your life line. And the Drill Instructors made sure you did not forget again. I was watching the new cop show last nite. It is called 10-8. And the trainee locked his pistol up and then went out on a call without it.
        Last edited by VetWannabeCop; 10-06-2003, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Losing your gun does not qualify as stupid, it does qualify you as negligent and brings into question your state of readiness as well as your ability to maintain even the most basic tenants of weapon security. Maybe the agent should go back to their first profession, probably accounting or education, before they get themselves or someone else hurt. I've worked with some real winners but NONE of them ever lost their gun. No knock against the FBI, I would be of the same opinion regardless of the agency call letters. No excuse for this kind of negligence.
          Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblecop
            This VIOLATES the First Rule of ANY Law Enforcement Officer :

FAILURE TO SECURE AND SAFEGUARD YOUR WEAPON!!!!

Most of these Guys were Paper Pushers and Desk Jockeys Prior to their Appointment! A 4 Year Degree does Not Guarantee COMMON SENSE!!!1
            What do you know, I agree with you invisable!
            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Booth
              Not that I enjoy defending the FBI, but per capita, I think I've seen cops do more stupid stuff than FBI agents....losing guns included.
              Frank,

That may be because you as a local cop, and working with local cops, see more of the blunders local cops make.
              Retired

Comment

I would guess that guy is gonna have problems when he returns to his post.

A few years ago we had a deputy driving a rental car here. He turned in the car and went on his merry way. When the rental company checked the car, they found his gun under the seat. I never heard what disciplinary action resulted from that. So it's not just the FBI that does the silly stuff.
                Deputy Brandy L. Winfield
                RIP - October 14, 2004

www.ar15armory.com

Comment

Originally posted by bikepatrol85
                  So it's not just the FBI that does the silly stuff.
                  No, it's not. But do you think that this story would have ended up on the AP wire and posted on this forum if it happened to some local cop? Very doubtful.

Comment

Last edited by Invisiblecop; 12-12-2003, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickM98
                      No, it's not. But do you think that this story would have ended up on the AP wire and posted on this forum if it happened to some local cop? Very doubtful.
                      It would if they had shut down an entire airport terminal!
                      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblecop
                        I've come across only a "HANDFUL OF AGENTS" and other "FEDS" who were cognizant of their surroundings and Duties. All to often they're "Struting" and "Peacocking!"
                        If the feds have no common sense and aren't aware of their surroundings, how come more aren't killed in the line of duty? Not counting terrorist acts, it's been seven years since an FBI agent was feloniously killed in the line of duty. Six years for a DEA agent, 17 years for a Secret Service agent. The uniformed federal services also have a good record compared to locals when it comes to LOD deaths. Not something you would expect from people without common sense who are full of themselves.

How long has it been since an NYPD officer was feloniously killed? Seven months.
                        Last edited by Delta_V; 10-06-2003, 05:11 PM.

Comment

If the feds have no common sense and aren't aware of their surroundings, how come more aren't killed in the line of duty? Not counting terrorist acts, it's been seven years since an FBI agent was feloniously killed in the line of duty. Six years for a DEA agent, 17 years for a Secret Service agent. The uniformed federal services also have a good record compared to locals when it comes to LOD deaths. Not something you would expect from people without common sense who are full of themselves.

How long has it been since an NYPD officer was feloniously killed? Seven months.
                          First I'm glad more are not killed. But if they had to work on the streets everyday, with armed robberies, assaults, stopping thousand s of vehicles, stopping thousands of suspects on foot, they would unfortunately have a higher rate of KIA. They just don't face the same hazards that local LEO's do.
                          Retired

Comment

Yeah if we had all the intell they had we could do a Ruby Ridge here and a Waco there. They send everything and the kitchen sink. Many of us go out into horrible places alone. The Feds mostly are visitors to truly rotten cesspools of American society and when the come they come loaded for bear, nice to have that manpower and time to plan most ops. You put the same number of Feds working the streets on patrol and I bet you'd get similar results as far LOD deaths.
                            Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                              They just don't face the same hazards that local LEO's do.
                              I couldn't have said it better myself
                              Deputy Brandy L. Winfield
                              RIP - October 14, 2004

www.ar15armory.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4618 users online. 259 members and 4359 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X