300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Pursuit

I thought I'd tell the story since it has already been on the news around here. 2 Weeks ago I was in pursuit of an armed robbery/drug trafficing suspect. The suspect had negotiated a 3 kilo cocaine deal with a CI for the ATF then when the deal was being done the suspect ripped the CI and the ATF agent when the takedown team moved in the suspect fled the chase lasted about 30-45 miles into 2 counties. I was in the second county. The punch line. The suspect was a reseve Police Officer for a small PD in Miami, in uniform on duty, and in a marked Patrol Car. He finally got lost and gave up after he had rammed 6 cars, about 30 cars and 2 helicoptors in pursuit. helicoptors.

The Suspect Was a full time Corrections Officer for Miami-Dade County, he supervised offenders on house arrest monitors. He allowed the CI to leave the country to pick up 10 kilos for the low price of 3 kilos. He then arranged to pick up the dope while on duty, in uniform and in a marked patrol car. But wait that's not all he then ripped the CI and the ATF agent and then the chase was on. This guy also used to teach at the police academy.

Now this was one of the few times I was scared while at work.

There were 5-6 different agencies chasing this guy some in plane clothes and unmarked cars others in marked cars all wearing different uniforms and some similar to the uniform the badguy was wearing. Imagine the confusion if it turned into a shooting. He was armed and a firearms instructor at the academy. He was hopeless. Also the prospect of using deadly force on a person wearing a badge was not very appealing. Thankfully he gave up. Now he is where he belongs, Jail. He faces Min/Man 20 years if convicted.

Anyways In 5 years thats the scariest call I have been on. I have been in a shooting and this would have been potentially far worse.

Not to mention he probally had on a vest so if it did come to a shooting he would only be taken out by killing or seriously wounding him. I am glad that he gave up. That is one situation I would not to be in myself. Glad that your alright.

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Supports my belief in the death penalty for drug dealers. He abused the trust and deserves to pay heavily for it.

As far as the pursuit, it sounds scary as h*ll. Pursuit discipline was not existent, from the sounds of things. Around here, pursuits are limited to two units and a sergeant; exceptional circumstances must exist for more units to be involved. Unmarked units have no place in a pursuit.

I being in pursuits. Good thing they got the SOB, though.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

yeah two units are what the norm is here too, but.. lets face it... two units for every city you go through... by the fifth city there's at least ten squad chasing em down.

Flalaw- Glad it didnt turn too ugly. [Frown]
        Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by InSane1:
          yeah two units are what the norm is here too, but.. lets face it... two units for every city you go through... by the fifth city there's at least ten squad chasing em down.

The police chiefs, sheriff and CHP signed a countywide protocol here limiting pursuits as described, no matter where it goes in the county. The entire pursuit policy is about five pages long. It's just common sense stuff, but has to be spelled out because some people just can't control their adrenaline.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5073 users online. 287 members and 4786 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X