Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEO arrests firefighter for not moving fire truck from near shoulder during emergency

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEO arrests firefighter for not moving fire truck from near shoulder during emergency

A LEO arrests a firefighter refusing to clear the fire truck from the road at while a scene of an accident on the high way. The firetruck was left on the road to give fire fighters cover and protection.

Here's my question, and yes, this "looks" bad, so trolls go away, is this something that should be handled in-house or after the event has occurred? What is the general rule of thumb when there are "issues" between a PD and fire/emt department units?

I am of the opinion, if you got beef or you have issue with something handle it between supervisors and not at the scene. Now the of course, the news is all over it, and now guess who is made out to be the bad guy as usual? The LEO! Got to love the media. I really should quit my paralegal and programming job and become a journalist!

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...150128011.html

Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

Good thing it was caught on camera, or it would be tough to believe: A California Highway Patrol officer put an on-duty Chula Vista firefighter in handcuffs for refusing to move his truck while tending to victims of a car crash.

As he was being handcuffed on the side of the 805 Freeway near Orange County, the firefighter, 12-year veteran Jacob Gregoire, told reporters who had gathered, "I just want to let you all know he’s arresting me."

Later, according to CBS News 8, Gregoire told the arresting officer, whose name has not been released, "It’s unbelievable you guys have to treat us like this. We are trying to help you guys."

The officer replied, "We asked you to clear the road, you said ‘No.’ You are being arrested for not moving."

Gregoire was reportedly detained in the back of a highway patrol car for several minutes before being released. He was not charged.

Chula Vista Fire Chief Dave Hanneman told CBS, "To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous."

In a statement, Hanneman praised the firefighters for doing what they were trained to do — protecting the scene of an accident with their trucks.

Hanneman told the San Diego Union-Tribune, "The CHP is going to investigate. I think a lot of this had to do with communication."

The Union-Tribune reports the car accident resulted in two injuries. One person was hospitalized.

The two sides have since made peace. In a joint statement, representatives from the police and fire departments announced this was an "isolated incident and not representative of the manner in which our agencies normally work together toward our common goal," CBS Los Angeles reported.
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

. . .that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom - and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

-- Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America

There are two other threads already going on this topic where you question is already being extensively discussed. You might want to take a look there.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/t191974/
      My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4366 users online. 190 members and 4176 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X