300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    Anyone who reacts to bright lights being flashed by slamming on their brakes has no business operating a vehicle on a public roadway. That concerns me far more than someone speeding.
    I agree with this. Slamming the brakes is not a normal reaction to seeing someone else flash their brights. Slowing down, yes. Causing a collison, no. There are other, valid reasons that a driver might use their brights to communicate with another driver such as alerting them of a hazard in the road ahead or notifying them that their headlights are not on.
    "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

Comment

In NJ, we have "improper use of high beams." Problem solved.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Its a simple money grab and a cop mad because he isnt getting his quota of speeders. I have zero problem with it. I agree its gonna end up a first ammendment issue and the cops will end up losing on this one as we should! Their are many departments that park an empty car in the median just to get people to slow down and we all slam on are brakes when we see a cop car even I do it

Comment

Geeez. Some people write the dumbest of tickets.

However, Slush, your son would have gotten a ticket for following to close. The fact that he collided is proof enough around here that he was, shockingly, following to close...

Comment

I have had a few drivers flash me their "headlights" but it was to try to avoid getting any paperwork.

Comment

In Alabama, the safe driving distance is measured by this....For every 10MPH, you should be back 20FT....So.....if you are traveling 50MPH then you should be at least 100FT back away from car in front of you.

As far as (flashing high beam) to warn of smokey sittn ahead...well you can be cited in Alabama for improper use of high beam. On another point, you (the flasher) may potentially give away a police officer position if they are seeking a dangerous person trying to evade the law for a crime they commited! So yes...flashing your high beam to warn of police, ****es me off.
              My badge bears no fault or guilt to take another persons life, if I am close to losing my own

sigpic

Comment

If the car behind her was a safe distance they wouldn't have hit her.

Comment

We not only have high beam flashers, we have an entire Facebook page dedicated to updates to the minute about where random breath test roadblocks and traffic units running laser are. I still manage to snaffle between 15-25 tickets per shift and that's with a significant tolerance for speed too.

I do try and pick spots that can't be 'flashed out' or take an unmarked car too.

Comment

I've flashed other drivers to warn them of speed traps several times...and that's while I'm on duty and driving a marked unit. I can't stand speed traps.

Comment

I spent many years "chasing tail lights". To me, this is a non-issue. Speeders are kind of like fish. They're plenty of them out there, and no, I never caught them all. Enjoying the hell out of my retirement though.

Comment

If they couldn't stop when the car ahead did, they were following too closely. Two seconds minimum following distance, more like three to four for inexperienced kids driving. If the car in front of you slows or stops and you hit him, you were following too closely.
                        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

If you knew someone was thinking about robbing a bank or stealing something, wouldn't you do whatever possible to keep them from committing a crime? Not the best analogy out here, but no HONEST police officer should be upset about citizens heeding advice of other citizens {or giving such wise advice} to be in compliance with the law.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

WTF is a "speed trap" Is that what officers use in order to conduct the infamous "routine traffic stop"???

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

If you knew someone was thinking about robbing a bank or stealing something, wouldn't you do whatever possible to keep them from committing a crime? Not the best analogy out here, but no HONEST police officer should be upset about citizens heeding advice of other citizens {or giving such wise advice} to be in compliance with the law.

It goes both ways though. If someone is doing 100 in a 60 zone, gets flashed and slows down for the police then takes the car back up to 100 after he passes the police car then I don't really think they've heeded any advice.

Some people need to be caught and people that flash headlights not only warn the low level speeders but they can also hinder attempts to catch the really dangerous drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulgrave600 View Post
                                It goes both ways though. If someone is doing 100 in a 60 zone, gets flashed and slows down for the police then takes the car back up to 100 after he passes the police car then I don't really think they've heeded any advice.

Some people need to be caught and people that flash headlights not only warn the low level speeders but they can also hinder attempts to catch the really dangerous drivers.
                                The same happens when they notice a police car, especially if they already have somebody pulled over. They'll slow down until they feel like they've passed the cop. The best is when the cop just nails from behind because they think they've passed the "trap"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6234 users online. 361 members and 5873 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X