300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Tased and OC'd on Wednesday. WHOA

Did the full 5 second ride with the X26P, and was sprayed with Defense Technology MK-4 OC. Never before have I been so happy to hold a couple certifications.
    Last edited by therookNC; 01-24-2014, 07:14 AM.

Technically, you should never have to do either again........

And if you believe that----------------
    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      Technically, you should never have to do either again........

And if you believe that----------------
      I don't believe that. I hope I don't for certification purposes however I know it will be inevitable that I'll catch it again in cross contamination... our instructor sprayed it in the air around us beforehand and that was bad enough.

Comment

Fun, huh.....said with complete sarcasm.

Comment

Please tell me you didn't take a hot shower Wednesday night...or Thursday morning?? I shrugged off my instructors advise NOT to and paid the price 13 years ago!! Lol.

Comment

I hope to never get oc'd again. I was the guy who just kept repeating one phrase, " this is bullsh#t" "why"

Oc stuck with me for a few days. The worst is when your working out and it just comes back out of nowhere.
            "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."

"When you get to the point were all you want to do is be successful as bad as you need to breath, that is when you will be successful"

Comment

Yeah, I got it in August in the Florida heat and humidity. That was fun. I wished I could crawl into that damn bucket of water at the decon station.

Comment

Good times.

Spray just sucks. The taser isn't bad. I got the barbs and a full ride when I had to do it. It really wasn't a big deal. If I had to get tased again I could but F*** getting sprayed again.

Comment

I am a weirdo on that (well, maybe not just that), in that I would rather take the spray than the ride again. I hate electricity. Working on naval aircraft electrical systems for so long can do that to you.

Comment

I would probably take the taser again, it is quite a rush (I say that as I'm sitting on my couch, but I know if I was in the situation again I wouldn't be so enthusiastic).

As for the OC, I never took the hit. I had PRK eye surgery (similar to LASIK) a year before hand and that's enough eye sore for me. Has anyone who had eye surgery taken the OC hit and does it affect it?

Comment

Originally posted by jdlong View Post
                      Please tell me you didn't take a hot shower Wednesday night...or Thursday morning?? I shrugged off my instructors advise NOT to and paid the price 13 years ago!! Lol.
                      Actually I took a shower about 5 hours later, however I leaned over the side of the bathtub for a good 10 minutes washing my whole head over and over. When I got into the shower, I was still cautious but had no issue with "runoff".

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                      Yeah, I got it in August in the Florida heat and humidity. That was fun. I wished I could crawl into that damn bucket of water at the decon station.
                      Fortunately for us it was 30* outside with a nice cold wind. Made clearing the eyes much quicker plus the cold air felt good. I couldn't imagine getting it in the middle of summer when your pores are wide open in your skin..

Comment

A couple of weeks ag oI got OC'd and went for a 5 second ride with the prongs in the back... with that being said I rather go for 10 5 second rides than get OC'd again! F OC! Gift that keeps on giving hours later!
                        Last edited by Adios; 01-24-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I got clipped, one in the right shoulder and one on the left butt cheek. He wanted to cross the plane line. I have two nice little blisters now.

Comment

I hated both. If I had to do one or other I would say just surprise me.

Interestingly enough, a little over 2 years on the street, and I have yet to ever even take out my OC spray. I just haven't encountered a situation where I thought that would be the best option because I'm always thinking about cross contamination.

I think the Taser is a fantastic tool though.

Comment

Lol! I'd rather get tased than sprayed again.

I say that now, but when I was lined up for my second ride, the one I needed for certification, I almost yelled for him to stop. It sucks getting it again when you remember the pain. And I screamed the same way both times.

Now, the guy where the instructor "missed", pinned his legs down, and he got the follow up? I think he had it worst. Even the video hurt me to watch!
                              ~Sunny

>>Ephesians 6:13<<

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2564 users online. 139 members and 2425 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X