300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdest/ Most Unusual Calls

What are some of everyone's weirdest or most unusual calls for service?

Perhaps my most head scratching one

1. Civilian called asking if she had to file a report "like one of those child abuse reports" because a 21 and a 28 year old were having consensual relations. She said they weren't mentally disabled, inmates or any other special circumstances.

I've had a few:

Two girls in a car believed to be involved in sexual activity (I got an offer of backup for that pretty quickly)

Theft of anal beads

Naked man walking down the street (had this type of call more than once)

Woman who was adamant her neighbour kept turning off her hot water supply.

A welfare check on a suicidal woman who had statues and child size dolls that she put near her doors and windows in human-like poses to keep spirits away. Scared the life out of me when I looked through the front window!

Comment

Weirdest/ Most Unusual Calls

The first time I got a call of an erotic asphyxiation was kind of weird.

Comment

Some more of mine:

Lady calling saying the FBI was tapping her phone to send faxes.

Doctor was giving "bad medical advice" because he was "doctoring family members" and by doing so murdering people.

One 8 year old asked another 8 year old to take off their shirt, and the other kid did so. Basically the parent was calling over a very mild form of playing doctor. And as luck would have it she lived in the busiest district and called on the busiest night. That call held for 3 hours before someone took it. Even the barking dogs and parking complaints were of a higher priority

Parent wanting to know if they could drop their teenager in a holding cell because they didn't trust him being home alone.

Civilian complaint on an officer for making a traffic stop in front of an elementary school. Said they were blocking traffic and putting kids in danger

"Upstanding citizen" who was very upset that SWAT didn't call him ahead of serving a knock and announce on his apartment. Also claimed they confiscated property "for no reason". (HINT: stop dealing in stolen goods and that wouldn't happen)
        Last edited by vc859; 12-29-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

One when I was doing security at high risk apartments: Frequent caller, for any type of noise, calls because the rain was hitting her window too loud.
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Auto-erotic death. Mom thought her son was tortured to death before being hung in his closet. Proof of torture? Sock full of quarters tied to his testicles.

Burg in progress call in a trailer park. RP is a 50ish W/F who comes out of her trailer wearing a hoodie. Clue number 1 this is a good one: The hood is lined will aluminum foil and she is wearing it. It seems someone broke into her attic (of her single wide trailer, mind you) and was stealing her thoughts...

Half naked Marine with PTSD gets high on bath salts and jumps off the second deck of the barracks. He lands on a pickup and runs off. We chase reports of a naked running man for two hours before we actually catch him. He ran through buildings, yards, businesses, EVERYWHERE for two hours straight. The big callouses on the heels of his feet were partially torn off and flapping when we caught him...

Comment

One of my favorites is an older lady who called to report the theft of her water meter; the prime suspect in this caper was her sister who "had always had it in for her." The complainant had witnessed someone in a white truck pulling the meter out of the ground and since her sister's husband drove a white truck, there could be no other suspect besides the sister who lives half way across the country. It has to be the sister.
              As you might have guessed our local water company drives white pick ups and they tend to frown on non-payment of water bills.

Myself and two other deputies responded to a 911 call from a woman who was "under attack." She had hung up on the call taker and they could not get her back on the phone. When we arrived our victim was out front working in her flower beds. Asking about her attack we were informed that she thought she was attacked by a "credit card frog."
              With a little bit of questioning we found out that Mrs. S had called the Red Cross and made a donation to help victims of last spring's tornados in Oklahoma, and her son had told her to be careful doing things like that because of credit card fraud.
              In God We Trust
              Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by vc859 View Post
                Some more of mine:

Lady calling saying the FBI was tapping her phone to send faxes.
                I'd like to apologize in advance for any calls I might generate from naming my wifi network "FBI Surveillance Van."
                This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                  I'd like to apologize in advance for any calls I might generate from naming my wifi network "FBI Surveillance Van."
                  I do the same thing. But you have to trick it up. Mine used to be DPD Surv-1

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
                    Asking about her attack we were informed that she thought she was attacked by a "credit card frog."
                    I'm glad to hear those Budweiser Frogs found a new gig.

Comment

Somebody is breaking into my house at night, and smoking cigarettes. They're gettng in via the furnace exhaust (2 inch pipe.) Could not be convinced otherwise.

Comment

Man, the schizophrenic callers rarely surprise me anymore. One guy used to call all the time saying that someone was entering his apartment through the air ducts and raping him every night. The worst part was he often wanted to turn in "evidence" which usually consisted of clumps of pubic hair and bloody bedsheets.

I think one of the truly strangest calls just sticks out because I never got any explanation:

I went to a shooting/home invasion. I think the guy lived (don't really care because he's a real bad dude). We were sweeping the apartment for confederates/suspects and found a small grow operation in one of the bedrooms. We lingered in their for just a second and someone found a HUMAN SKULL inside a shopping bag. No idea where it came from, and it definitely wasn't at all fresh. We just didn't even know what to do with it. We turned it into the Medical Examiner's Officer, and I never heard about it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                          The first time I got a call of an erotic asphyxiation was kind of weird.
                          Oh yes, and words would not do it justice....only pics would!

But I digress....I once had a lady very emotionally opine why nothing was being done for for all the fish in a river experiencing a severe flash flood!? I just walked away.
                          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

I got called to a women who couldn't get into her front door because of a vicious frog on her front porch.

Comment

Originally posted by tmg View Post
                              i got called to a women who couldn't get into her front door because of a vicious frog on her front porch.
                              hypnotoad!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12092 users online. 429 members and 11663 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X