300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dates from hell

Ok, so the date I had today wasn't exactly the date from hell although it left much to be desired.. but I thought this would be an interesting topic to say the least. What was the worst date that you went on and what happened? Spare no detail (but keep it clean!).
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Well, my wife won't let me date anymore, so all my stories are very old.
    Actually I had very good luck dating.
    Maybe it's cause I'm such a great guy.

Comment

DATE?? What's that?? I'm in the same boat with 10mmMikey.... You don't expect me to remember back almost 4 decades!! [Eek!]
      " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I'm still trying to get permission for a night out shooting pool. Don't get me rememissing about the single life. [Frown]
        "All the people like us are we,
        And everyone else is They"

Comment

OK... YOU asked for it! [Wink]

Three dates come to mind, the first two were dates from hell, the third was just the strangest and maybe most dangerous-feeling date i've had.

I got fixed up with the ex-brother-in-law of a girl at work. (this was about 12 years ago) I had met him once before, and he seemed ok. when i got to his place on this particular nite, he was dressed as a cowboy...nothing wrong with that...just not my type! we proceeded to leave the apartment... oh, a blizzard was going on too. sooo... i was in the car and he was lovingly cleaning snow off it (his pride and joy Corvette) when his ring flew off his finger, due to it being so cold outside. (dont ask me why he didnt have gloves on i have no idea) ANYhow, the ring went down in the approximately 5-inches of snow! he was going crazy digging thru the snow for about 15 minutes, everywhere, and couldnt find it... finally got in the car and never stopped talking about the ring ALL nite. (i did end up hearing that once the thaw came, the ring was there in the parking lot lol) we left, and he took me to this really nice club...too bad it had closed about 2 years prior to that...guess he didnt get out much.

we ended up in a bar that i knew of, that was real crowded. he went toward the bar for drinks, and couldnt get thru the people, and turned around and shrugged his shoulders... i ended up pushing thru everyone to buy our drinks. and he was a big guy...shouldnt have feared pushing thru the crowd a little! and he had money, so that wasnt the problem (unlike Hell Date #2) ...he proceeded to bore me for a few more hours before we left. i actually dated him again on a New Year's Eve... he had at one time lost his license due to DUI (had stopped drinking since) and spent the WHOLE nite telling everyone how they shouldnt drink... and it was new years eve!! i ended up at the bar with another girl getting trashed on shots! i had to to be able to stand him! and the kiss at midnite... horrible. his lips were pressed so hard together... and all i felt was bone against my mouth [Eek!] ... and he said something to the effect of "here's to a great year for you." and it ended up being a horrible year!!

ok...that was the first guy... i need to walk the dog, then i'll write about the others! to be continued...

[ 11-17-2002, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

OK, my big date from hell was approx. 5 years ago. I had met this guy online, I forget how exactly but we spoke for quite a while. He wanted to meet but I was hesitant.. you always hear about the crazies online. Finally I agreed to meet at a Don Pablos restaurant. Now, I am not much on looks but I have to tell you.. this guy didn't even practice good hygiene! His teeth were actually black in places! His shirt was stained and his hair was greasy. Total turn-off.

Dinner wasn't much better. He was so arrogant and talked only about himself. He actually claimed that he was one of the 5 best I.T. technicians in the Cincinnati area however when I started asking him basic web design questions, couldn't answer them. He was just a arrogant, smelly slob who wasn't even intelligent enough to hold up his side of the conversation.

Luckily I had rehearsed alternate plans with my friend and she was supposed to call me at a certain time. She did and we had a code word for if the date wasn't going well. She used it and I had to leave for a "emergency".

I woulda felt bad... but he totally misrepresented himself and I didn't appreciate it. I blocked out his email addy after that and never heard from him.

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Rachel,
              You mean to tell me that people misrepresent themselves and lie online. [Eek!]
              Glad you had an escape plan, a wise precaution.

Comment

Ya, believe it or not Mikey, they do! lol

Comment

Rachel i agree, good hygiene is basic! i dont understand how someone cant have it.

my other date from hell was a bad choice on my part, a co-worker that worked in a different area of the post office that i worked in. this was about 11 years ago. when i got to his place...well, first off he lived with mom and was around 40 years old...nothing SO wrong with that, but sometimes it CAN be a bad sign... oh, and he had already informed me that he had lost his license due to DUI (boy i can pick 'em), so i would be driving. we went to a bar/restaurant and sat at the bar while waiting for table. we each had a beer, and he started with shots...and mumbled about how he PROMISED himself he wouldnt get TOO drunk tonite... well, he proceeded to break that promise... then we managed to have dinner which wasnt too bad cuz it was casual... crabs on the table, shrimp, etc and he could keep drinking...

then it was time to pay and he had forgotten his wallet!! i paid for everything, and then he kept insisting that we stop at his place and get his wallet but i didnt even want to go back to that house with that mother there! to make a long story short, i actually ended up inviting him over to watch TV, where he proceeded to accidently knock over my coffee table, and i stood up and told him i was taking him home. he refused and starting getting comfortable on the couch and said he'd *sleep right there tonite*. i opened my apartment door which opened into a hallway with 3 other doors, and i was loudly saying that i wanted him out of there NOW, and a neighbor opened his door thank god and asked if there was a problem. at this point the guy got up, and i did take him home. i didnt speak a word the whole way...he kept trying to apologize but i realized he was just too much of a loser.

So i'm not sure which of those two dates would win the Date From Hell prize. [Wink] my most *unusual* date was with a Romanian cab driver in NYC. my best friend lived in north Jersey, and her neighbor was somehow friends with these two Romanian guys. one of them had seen my friend and wanted to date her, so i went along so the other guy would have a date. she worked for Nabisco as an executive assistant, and we got the company suite in NYC for the nite and it was AWESOME. we made hors'doerves and drinks for the guys (i had never met them, but they were both really fine and seemed really nice when they got there). the one that liked her had only been in this country for a year and barely spoke english, the other guy had been here about 5 years.

we had made this pact that no matter what, we would not go back to *their place* with them, because we really didnt know them and thought it could be dangerous. (this was about 10 years ago) they took us to the Adam's Apple to eat, which was a strangely decorated restaurant... lots of lites, fake flowers, etc. but the meal was great and they bought bottles of champaigne like crazy. then they took us to Dangerfield's comedy club, and we saw the one guy tip the doorman (or whatever he's called) a hundred dollar bill because the guy said the place was full. we ended up in the front table right in front of the stage, and drank champaigne ALL nite. (yeah, we're getting drunk at this point...)

after that, it was to some kind of punk club, where they introduced us to B-52's (the drink). ok...we're getting drunker...pact?...what pact?? oh and by the way we're travelling everywhere in the one guy's 280Z, which i think is meant for only TWO people... my friend's date is kissing up and down her arm and professing that he wants to marry her...

next thing we know we're heading to their place...which was on Roosevelt Island, in a building that looked like a done-over college dorm...complete with shag carpet and disco lights in their apartment!! we're a little nervous when we realize we had promised we wouldnt go there, but they opened the fridge and brought out a whole turkey and ham and we all started eating and having fun...

next thing ya know my friend is in the bedroom with her date...he wanted to give her a back rub uh huh... she comes out yelling "i dont need my shirt off for a backrub!" and grabbing her purse and saying we want to leave... well i'm looking at their faces and they dont look happy...we're stuck someplace we know nothing about, and they're our ride...

her guy is really ****ed and goes in the bedroom slamming the door. thank god mine was a LITTLE nicer... altho he didnt offer us a ride! he said he'd call their *friend* who drove a *different kind of cab* and we were like "yeah call him, please!" soooo, we get in the car/cab with this guy when he gets there! i think we must have been temporarily insane... it was some kind of illegal cab... anyhow, they are talking to each other over his radio in Romanian (or whatever language they speak!) we're in the back, and all of a sudden we're whispering to each other that he's going to kill us or take us who knows where and we're getting terrified. then he starts talking to us really nice, etc. and ended up taking us back to our building. but i can say that is the most scared i've ever been on a date. i dont talk to her that often anymore, but almost every time i do, we re-live that nite LOL.

whew... that was a long story [Wink]

and BTW, i have a date tomorrow nite, wish me luck! i already know the guy tho, and hes not a loser

[ 11-17-2002, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                  "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

rofl, Jellybean.. that was too funny! It could have ended very badly though! Glad you made it out OK.

I wonder if I should mention the date where we went to a very far out there bar where I ended up dancing in those little cage thingies.. Nah.. some things are better left unsaid!

Oh, and good luck Jellybean!

[ 11-17-2002, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: RachelR ]

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by RachelR:

I wonder if I should mention the date where we went to a very far out there bar where I ended up dancing in those little cage thingies.. Nah.. some things are better left unsaid!

woohoooo yeah, you go gurl!

c'mon, let's tell it all [Wink]

Comment

Last edited by 156; 12-16-2003, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Well then...

I was going to tell my story, but I can' compete with these. It was blind date, and when I saw her I wished I was blind. And if that wasn't bad enough she was unbelieveably dull. It was New Years Eve and I was really desperate to go out with someone. I ended up getting home at nine o'clock.

*sigh*

It's been several years, and I'm only slightly less desperate now. I wonder if it's time to hang myself yet.

Mike
                          "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Yenta:
                            Anyway, he bent down to kiss me and his tongue was so incredibly slimy, I literally almost gagged right then and there. I rushed him out the door, ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and tongue for a long, long time and rinsed with Listerine. I totally avoided him when he came in the office again and bribed my coworker to do his back so I wouldn't have to face him again. To this day I get queasy when I remember his tongue.

ROFLMFAO!! too much...

hey, i'm single so i STILL have to go thru this $hit!

dont give up Mike, we gotta keep tryin!

Comment

Bless your heart, Jellybean......you have my sympathies. [Frown]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 270 members and 5137 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X