X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good ole George at it again!

I just had to!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9AH0WS20131118

(Reuters) - George Zimmerman, who was acquitted this summer in the fatal shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, was arrested on Monday after he allegedly pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend during a domestic dispute, police said.

Zimmerman was involved in an altercation at the house in central Florida he shares with his girlfriend, Seminole County Sheriff Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma told reporters.

Zimmerman, 30, was taken to a jail in Sanford, Florida, and faces three charges including aggravated assault, a felony, as well as two misdemeanors, domestic violence battery and criminal mischief, Lemma said.

He is being held in jail without bond and is due to appear in court tomorrow.

Samantha Scheibe, Zimmerman's 27-year-old girlfriend, told police that at one point during a verbal altercation he grabbed a shotgun and pointed it at her, broke a glass table and pushed her out the door.

He then barricaded the door with furniture, police said. Scheibe suffered no injuries during the incident.

Zimmerman offered no resistance when police arrived at the house and was not armed, Lemma said. Authorities believe at least two weapons were in the house at the time.

"We believe there was some type of separation in the relationship," said Lemma, who added he did not know who was breaking up with whom.

Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch captain, was acquitted on July 13 of murdering Martin as the 17-year-old walked back to the townhouse where he was staying after buying snacks at a nearby convenience store.

Zimmerman said he shot Martin in February 2012 in self defense.

The shooting and trial polarized the U.S. public on issues of race, gun laws and self-defense laws.

Since his acquittal, Zimmerman has had several brushes with law enforcement officials. He has twice been stopped for speeding, once in Texas and in Florida.

In September, Zimmerman was questioned by police after his estranged wife called 911 saying he threatened her with a gun. He was not charged in the incident, which occurred a week after she filed for divorce.
    I saw another story that said the GF is pregnant. Unknown if that is true.

This guy needs a good *** whooping. What an idiot.
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

It's stories like this that make people think "you know, maybe it really WASN'T self defense." He can't seem to keep himself out of trouble, and it's all over women too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
      I just had to!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9AH0WS20131118

I saw another story that said the GF is pregnant. Unknown if that is true.

This guy needs a good *** whooping. What an idiot.
      My inject into this is that while there may well be underlying issues- Zimmerman has not had the benefit of a post shooting assessment or follow-up. He has been left to his own and whatever burden he carries.

Not to defend what he may or may not have done of late, but could you imagine being propelled into the spotlight like he was?
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
        My inject into this is that while there may well be underlying issues- Zimmerman has not had the benefit of a post shooting assessment or follow-up. He has been left to his own and whatever burden he carries.

Not to defend what he may or may not have done of late, but could you imagine being propelled into the spotlight like he was?
        I agree - he needs some serious psychiatric help. The shooting, the divorce, people calling for his head, etc. can't be good. But (allegedly) pointing a firearm at your girlfriend? He's not making a good case for himself.
        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
          I agree - he needs some serious psychiatric help. The shooting, the divorce, people calling for his head, etc. can't be good. But (allegedly) pointing a firearm at your girlfriend? He's not making a good case for himself.
          That’s assuming he did what the always spot on media reported.

What I do know if that this guy was propelled like a rocket into world news- with the majority of the coverage squarely tilted against him. I honestly believe the media knew they were off base +80% of the time yet they perpetuated factually incorrect information, supposition and worse.

As for psychological help- I’m not sure I want to wade into compelling a private person towards an assessment following a deadly force incident. While agencies can and do so, I can think of no real justification on the non-LEO side. Do I think it would help? Absolutely I do, but it could become a convoluted mess trying to legislate a requirement along these lines.

Think about what happens to most LEO’s following a shooting: they are taken off the streets (out of the limelight), are provided an assessment and treatment (if required), have a support network of folks who have been there, have policy to back (or not) their actions, have the benefit (or curse) of a shooting review board, get legal representation and have a union behind them. Some also benefit from a PIO who does all the talking for them, an administration that backs them, laws that shield their personal information (address) and options once the shooting is ruled square.

What does Joe or Jane civilian get?????
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
            What does Joe or Jane civilian get?????
            Pretty much nothing. Which is sad.

Comment

I dont trust a damn thing the media says about this guy. He got screwed the first time around. If he did this, then I say he should pay. I just dont give the media any credibility when it comes to any reporting on him (and very little on anything else).

Also, the antics his ex and her father pulled a couple of months ago to try and burn him left a bad taste in my mouth too.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                I dont trust a damn thing the media says about this guy.
                Yeah, as far as reporting on George Zimmerman, the media lost whatever credibility they had.

I read the linked news story, and I see that there are two sides to this story: the girlfriend's side, and Zimmerman's side. We know the girlfriend's side, because of her call to 911. What about Zimmerman's side? Maybe he was advised to not say anything without a lawyer.

Oh wait: Zimmerman also called 911: so if the girlfriend's call to 911 is available to the media, then Zimmerman's call to 911 is ALSO available to the media. That means that the media is able to present both sides of this story.

This is where the lack of credibility comes in: the media are deliberately suppressing what they know about Zimmerman's side of the story, because they want the public's attention on their narrative only, which is that Zimmerman is a bad guy, pointing guns at people (they don't know whether she lied), and that this is a confirmation of Zimmerman's bad moral character (they don't know that either).
                https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                  Also, the antics his ex and her father pulled a couple of months ago to try and burn him left a bad taste in my mouth too.
                  Yup. Poor guy's had his life turned upside down and inside out. Even if the article is gospel, I still have some sympathy for him. Look at pictures from the night of the shooting. He's put on probably 80+ pounds since. His hair's patchy and scraggly looking. He's burnt out.

Lots of people reach the ends of their ropes and it's no excuse to do stupid stuff, but in this case, he really was a legit victim and this is what he gets for surviving all the BS...hell.
                  Ears open. Eyes forward. Always learning.

Comment

I heard his call on the local news, so it has to be available somewhere. If I find it, I'll post the link. Basically, he said his GF went "crazy" on him.

Comment

I don't feel too bad for him. He has a multi million dollar case against NBC for altering the original 911 recording.

I'd like to hear both sides as well, but I find it hard to justify pointing a shotgun at a crazy chick to get her to calm down (if she's unarmed)

Comment

Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
                        I don't feel too bad for him. He has a multi million dollar case against NBC for altering the original 911 recording.

I'd like to hear both sides as well, but I find it hard to justify pointing a shotgun at a crazy chick to get her to calm down (if she's unarmed)
                        Assuming it happened. Look at what the media did to this guy before.....purposefully altering a 911 call to change its meaning.

I want objective details. If he did what he is accused of, then he should pay. I just dont believe much at this point.

Comment

I agree, the media has as much credibility on reporting this story as Obama has on the ACA

Comment

All i have to say is -- judging from photos on a Google search -- he sure traded up!

Comment

If someone pointed a shotgun at me they wouldn't need to push me out the door, I would go quite willingly. It could be a case of her using his notoriety against him, maybe he is a wild man or the truth is somewhere in between. Any news about him is mostly a rehashing of past events with little new facts. Standard media procedure, in other words.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2571 users online. 139 members and 2432 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X