Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many people on anti-depressants?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't doubt that there are people who really need this kind of medicine. However, I think it is much easier for doctors to write a prescription than have the nerve to tell the patient what he really needs. "You've had it too easy all your life. Too much money, mom and dad did all the work around home (or hired help) instead of expecting you to do anything. Now you're in the real world and there are things dad's money can't fix. GROW UP."

[ 11-20-2002, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Snoopy1 ]

Comment

Or, maybe it's because life sucks, nobody likes me, I'm a failure in my life and my children don't appreciate anything I do for them. I don't live in a nice enough house, drive a nice enough car and my friends just take advantage of my kindness.

{Sigh}

All this seriuosness is bringing me down, man.
      Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Kirch, what was that all about? I saw it as a put down. Believe me, I am NOT a spoiled person depressed because she didn't get her way. I have been through hell and back and back again, like many people. My goal is to be off all medication and that is slowly happening. But, without the anti-anxiety drug, I honestly might not be here.
        Some people, like my husband, are extremely strong people. But I was so bombarded from so many sides, I HAD NO CHOICE.
        I don't see it as a weakness on my part to ask for help. In fact, it's a strength.
        I am not one to run to the dr because she has a tearful day. I ran when I had a month of tearful days.
        Yes, it IS serious but I don't think people should be put down for seeking help.

[ 11-21-2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Sorry, just trying to inject a little light-heartedness into a pretty gloomy topic.

I guess it's just my way of staying off anti-depressents.
          Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2910 users online. 200 members and 2710 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X