300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate thieves

So here I am work, not wanting to be here but grateful nonetheless, because our OT has been cut dramatically and I need the cash.

I decide to take my break, go in my desk drawer where I keep some cash, and come to find out someone gripped it. Friggin bastard.

I had two ones, $3 in dollar coins and a handful of change for gum and mints. They left the silver but took everything else.

There's no managers here for me to tell what happened - only me and one other person still here at work, probably until 9pm.

I hope whoever took it has a miserable friggin night, cause they sure as sh*t ruined mine. And I'm being polite in my choice of words here on the forum and around this person I'm working with, but I'm cursing up a storm under my breath.

[ 09-07-2002, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

There is the thinking in our country that its finders keepers. I say B.S. that kind of thinking is for the birds. If you find something find the owner. But this is out and out theft, and that is so wrong. I hope they get whats coming to them Katey, and don't let it get you down.

Comment

Unfortunately if it's not nailed down thieving scum will lift anything

Sooner or later Katey they'll get theirs - "What goes around comes around" and there's a lot of truth and poetic justice in this old cliche.The question is, when not if they get a dose of their own medicine.
      Right , you can have it!

Comment

KK- it happens everyway. A person may think a police station is safe, but over the years, we lose stuff regularly. I'm still trying to fiqure out who pilfered my gore-tex hat.

But I agree w/you- they are ***h*les.
        "All the people like us are we,
        And everyone else is They"

Comment

BASTARDS! Get a spy cam and bait em tomarrow. See who the dink is.
          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Do you have an idea on who took it?
            No partner is worth your tears -
            the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

No, not really, Raychel. I highly doubt it was anyone I work with, but one never knows. I've never had anything taken from me before, and I always leave money in my desk. Not a lot, but loose change and a few ones here and there.

We had some new cleaners come in Friday night and Sat. morning to do the walls of the cubicles and although I hate "accusing" anyone, they were my first thought.

I know $5 isn't a big deal but it's the whole principle thing, ya know. I would have given the money if they would have asked, whether I had to give or not, but Jesus H., don't friggin take it from me. I hate that soooo much.

Comment

It would be nice if you could get some powder that dyed their hands red or something But, it is the truth, katey, I've had some things done to me by some people that I trusted implicity. It hurts. A lot. And it will happen to you again, not just where money is concerned.
                One of my things that hurt a lot is where I thought people would back me up on something and they let me down. I trust my husband and that's it.
                The majority of people are out for themselves and that's it. Bottom line. When our son was in little major league, he was a GREAT player for his age. He could play any position and he was so excited because he had been told he made all stars. My husband's best friend was a coach and my H wasn't because he had to travel. This friends son could not hit or catch a ball for the life of him.
                But somehow, he got my son taken off all stars and his son put on it.
                End of friendship. End of all stars too because we never would let our son play all stars again. And what hurt the most was people backed the friend. After all, he HAD coached so it was only fair HIS son be on all stars. Never mind our son had played his heart out all season while his son was making mountains out of dirt and playing cars all over it.
                Just be prepared for more, katey. Generally, people are out for themselves and maybe who they consider friends at that time.

Comment

Katey,

I agree, it's the priciple of the matter! THIEVES SUCK!

I can sorta relate to your situation. Get this--

When I first started going back to school I didnt have my own computer so I would go to the computer labs at university to do research and type papers. Well, one semester I had a final paper due and was in the process of editing and printing it. To recieve the printout you had to leave your terminal and walk around the corner. As I did this some "knuclehead" walks up and takes my disk (with seven other research papers, and two resumes ) right out of the computer !!!!!!!

I know I probably should have taken it with me but I thought as soon as I take it out I will see another error and have to re-open the file again.

Whoever made of with my disk surely didn't have to write any papers for that semester!

[ 09-08-2002, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: GRACE ]
                  "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
                  --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by 209:
                    KK- it happens everyway. A person may think a police station is safe, but over the years, we lose stuff regularly. I'm still trying to fiqure out who pilfered my gore-tex hat.

But I agree w/you- they are ***h*les.

that's sad, if you can't even trust the police... or your coworkers. I've heard a lot of stories of similar things happening. I've been lucky, never had anything stolen at work, and I leave money out during the day, my car keys, purse, expensive sunglasses, digital camera, cell phone, palm pilot... my coworkers are pretty darn honest and we look out for strangers in the area. A thief could have a lot of fun at my desk, but they'd have to be fast because I'm there almost all the time. [Frown]
                    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Grace,

That really sucks. After all that work and effort you put into those papers and someone else ends up getting the credit...I probably would have cried in frustation over that.

Fastie,

I really don't think it was a co-worker. I too keep things of value there during the day when I work. I keep my cell on my desk and leave it there a lot of times when I go on breaks or to lunch, I leave my handbag in of my desk drawers, I have hundreds of dollars worth of cd's that are in my cubby (I do take them home everyday)- but never has anything been missing before. Besides, like at your office, my coworkers also look out for me and I do the same for them. One hand washes the other...

Comment

I'm sorry to hear someone stole from ya. When ya find out who it is, I'll come up dere an kick dere ***.

Comment

Piper,

Thanks buddy! I hope you know I'd do the same for you. Love ya, mean it.

Peeps, I don't wanna work today! Ugh! Let's go shopping at the mall or something. I need a new pair of shoes, damn it!

Comment

If I get some caffiene, I'm all for it. I need some gal pal time. [Wink]

Comment

We can hang at the mall like teenagers and check out all the hotties. Come to think of it, we'd be better off hanging at Home Depot or the auto parts store!

The hell with the shoes, let's shop for something else. [Wink] [Eek!]

[ 09-08-2002, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3827 users online. 245 members and 3582 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X