Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First a little J***, and then we'll show The Man he can't keep US down!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First a little J***, and then we'll show The Man he can't keep US down!

Patrons at Milwaukee J*** Festival Riot After Event Ends
    The Associated Press
    Published: Jun 24, 2001

MILWAUKEE (AP) - Hundreds of people rioted in the streets after an outdoor j*** music festival ended for the night. At least six people were arrested after people vandalized homes and businesses Saturday night, Milwaukee police said.

Groups of between 50 and 100 people ran through the streets when police began dispersing the crowd at the annual Shermanfest, police said. "There was a bunch of commotion when (the festival) let out. People got wild," said Rico Evans, 21, who lives in the neighborhood.

Police said people threw rocks and bottles at them, injuring one officer. Rioters tossed a garbage can through a window of a gas station and damaged a hospital security vehicle, police said.

"We had people in place, but what can you do when it's eight versus 800," said one officer.

Police said the annual festival was peaceful all day. It was scheduled to continue Sunday.

AP-ES-06-24-01 0217EDT

------------------
    "You're never beaten until you admit it." --Gen. George S. Patton

Why is it so common-place these days to have riots after celebrations? I know that there's the old reliable "liquor factor", but C'mon! Every time I turn around I'm reading about a "riot" following some sort of event. Are people getting that stupid? It makes me want to avoid these events all the more.
    "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
    http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

Why didn't they respond with a fire truck, and hose those idiots down with a 2" line set on direct nozzle? That would have dampened their spirits, literally and figuratively.
      Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Well, I recommend German Octoberfests: Cause its hard to riot in the streets after midnight, when the majority are on their knees barking their guts out.

Most of the after-event work done by MP and Polizi was limited to dragging drunks out the streets and laying 'em out neatly on the footpaths.

Looking like bratwurst on a platter after ahile, ennit?

Comment

Originally posted by DMS 525:
          Why didn't they respond with a fire truck, and hose those idiots down with a 2" line set on direct nozzle? That would have dampened their spirits, literally and figuratively.
          We've (not me of course, but a friend of mine) tried to do this in Denver a couple of times--requisition a pumper just in case--only to have the Fire Department try to beg off because it'd be bad for their public image. Thanks for the hep, boyz!

Comment

For all you guys that read my laundry room post your going to really love this. Keep in mind that I have made about 500 arrests and only about five have turned to crap. Last march (00) I made an arrest outside of a nightclub. Before it was over we cleared five police districts and shut down US highway 74. Windows were kicked out of police cars, shots fired, everybody was kung fu fightin and such. I ended up arresting three myself. We was stackin em like cordwood. We seized guns that we couldnt even find out who they belonged to. Everybody was there...police, sheriff, alcohol law enf., troopers, special police, security guards, etc... if you had a badge THEN COME ON!!!!
            It took a good hour to gain control. There was probably about 300 to 400 civilians involved. Funny to think about now, but I was very scared at the time. I wanted to go home to mommy, but I figured since I started it... . Between me and all the members on this forum (shhhhhhh) I think that it kind of knocked the dust off of some of the old timers... and they kind of liked it!

[This message has been edited by goodside (edited 06-25-2001).]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6270 users online. 356 members and 5914 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X