Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I'm glad I live in Wyoming. We've been living under the Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground for as long as I can remember. It's God's law, that's why it makes sense.

And, that's why we have the fewest home invasions, armed intrusions and burgs of any state - cuz we shoot the bastards. Next?
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by ccthompsfs View Post
      Where do I stand I support as it provides a layer of protection in legitimate circumstances. This crap of retreating is just that crap that gives bad guys the extra opportunity to inflict harm, before you do anything. We have it here in AZ as opposed to the castle doctrine in Ca.
      I don't know where people get these ideas. There is no requirement in California for a person to retreat. Yes we have screwed up gun laws and how we treat drugs is a joke, but overall our laws really aren't that bad.
      A few things you all might like to know.

197. Homicide is also justifiable when committed by any person in any of the following cases:

1. When resisting any attempt to murder any person, or to commit a felony, or to do some great bodily injury upon any person; or,

2. When committed in defense of habitation, property, or person, against one who manifestly intends or endeavors, by violence or surprise, to commit a felony, or against one who manifestly intends and endeavors, in a violent, riotous or tumultuous manner, to enter the habitation of another for the purpose of offering violence to any person therein; or,

3. When committed in the lawful defense of such person, or of a wife or husband, parent, child, master, mistress, or servant of such person, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design to commit a felony or to do some great bodily injury, and imminent danger of such design being accomplished; but such person, or the person in whose behalf the defense was made, if he was the assailant or engaged in mutual combat, must really and in good faith have endeavored to decline any further struggle before the homicide was committed; or,

4. When necessarily committed in attempting, by lawful ways and means, to apprehend any person for any felony committed, or in lawfully suppressing any riot, or in lawfully keeping and preserving the peace.

(Amended by Stats. 1963, Ch. 372.)

198.5. Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.

As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury.

(Added by Stats. 1984, Ch. 1666, Sec. 1.)

199. The homicide appearing to be justifiable or excusable, the person indicted must, upon his trial, be fully acquitted and discharged.

844. To make an arrest, a private person, if the offense is a felony, and in all cases a peace officer, may break open the door or window of the house in which the person to be arrested is, or in which they have reasonable grounds for believing the person to be, after having demanded admittance and explained the purpose for which admittance is desired.

(Amended by Stats. 1989, Ch. 1360, Sec. 112.)

845. Any person who has lawfully entered a house for the purpose of making an arrest, may break open the door or window thereof if detained therein, when necessary for the purpose of liberating himself, and an officer may do the same, when necessary for the purpose of liberating a person who, acting in his aid, lawfully entered for the purpose of making an arrest, and is detained therein.

839. Any person making an arrest may orally summon as many persons as he deems necessary to aid him therein.

(Enacted 1872.)

26045. (a) Nothing in Section 25850 is intended to preclude the carrying of any loaded firearm, under circumstances where it would otherwise be lawful, by a person who reasonably believes that any person or the property of any person is in immediate, grave danger and that the carrying of the weapon is necessary for the preservation of that person or property.

(b) A violation of Section 25850 is justifiable when a person who possesses a firearm reasonably believes that person is in grave danger because of circumstances forming the basis of a current restraining order issued by a court against another person who has been found to pose a threat to the life or safety of the person who possesses the firearm. This subdivision may not apply when the circumstances involve a mutual restraining order issued pursuant to Division 10 (commencing with Section 6200) of the Family Code absent a factual finding of a specific threat to the person’s life or safety. It is not the intent of the Legislature to limit, restrict, or narrow the application of current statutory or judicial authority to apply this or other justifications to a defendant charged with violating Section 25400 or committing another similar offense. Upon trial for violating Section 25850, the trier of fact shall determine whether the defendant was acting out of a reasonable belief that the defendant was in grave danger.

(c) As used in this section, “immediate” means the brief interval before and after the local law enforcement agency, when reasonably possible, has been notified of the danger and before the arrival of its assistance.

(Added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 711, Sec. 6. Effective January 1, 2011. Operative January 1, 2012, by Sec. 10 of Ch. 711.)

26050. Nothing in Section 25850 is intended to preclude the carrying of a loaded firearm by any person while engaged in the act of making or attempting to make a lawful arrest.
      Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

As for where do I stand?

I stand on my own two feet, I wish more people would try it.
        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jhall View Post
          "Stand your ground" law, well, where do you stand?

Behind my loaded S&W M&P
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If only you could find ammo to shoot it, you'd be set!
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
              Enter my home, my property, my space and threaten me or mine? You're dead. That's where I stand.

Hmm, I think I'll start being nicer to you now.
              Retired

Comment

God I'm glad I live in Wyoming.

And, that's why we have the fewest home invasions, armed intrusions and burgs of any state - cuz we shoot the bastards. Next?
                Are you sure it's not because you're in the least populated state?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                  If only you could find ammo to shoot it, you'd be set!
                  Not a problem.........................agency supplied ammo & range time

Plus my "personal" supplier just messaged me that he has some S&W40 in stock
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Stand your ground laws, castle doctrine laws, and other such similar legislation? I support them.

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                      Are you sure it's not because you're in the least populated state?
                      Nope. This is based upon a per capita data base.

We just shoot people here. It works for us.
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Nope. This is based upon a per capita data base.

We just shoot people here. It works for us.
                        I'm wondering where you found that info on home invasions since Wyoming doesn't have a specific "home invasion" statute, nor does the FBI have any stats on home invasions.
                        Retired

Comment

I stand when and where I choose, which is over the dead body of my enemy!
                          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Enter my home, my property, my space and threaten me or mine? You're dead. That's where I stand.
                            Pretty much.
                            This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

I support 'stand your ground' or 'castle doctrine' while cautiously remaining cognizant that there are instances in which the display of deadly force de-escalates a situation to a point that no use of deadly force is actually required.

The intent during an encounter would be to use deadly force by default, with the above result being a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit315 View Post
                                I dont feel people should have to retreat from spaces that they legally have a right to be in. Nobody should have to run from a criminal or face charges.
                                I disagree. Not everyone who puts another in fear of death is necessarily a criminal or intends to kill that person. But obviously if the person in fear doesn't know this and has a legitimate fear of death, then they need should be allowed to use deadly force. However, if it's pretty clear that you have an opportunity to get away, you should be required to take it. Whether you actually could have escaped is something that can be litigated.

Let's take this scenario: You get into a road rage incident with someone twice your size because you cut him off. You pull into a store parking lot and he gets out and is coming toward your car. Could be to break you in half or it could be to tell you what a jackarse you are. You, nonetheless are scared you may die. You have two choices. One, shoot the guy or two, drive away. Let's assume that there is nothing blocking you from driving away and big guy has no chance to catch up to you. You should, and most people would, take off in your vehicle. However, the way the law is written, even if you could get away, you're given the option of doing what you want. Seems like a recipe for Billy Bad Arse who has been dying to off someone to do so.

Now, in your home, you should never have to retreat. I mean, do we really expect homeowners to leave their kids and family behind and run out their front doors? But I know of no place, Wyoming, NJ or anywhere else, that requires you to do so.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10880 users online. 365 members and 10515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X