300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you stand?

"Stand your ground" law, well, where do you stand?
    Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

You mean the laws the current administration is using along with the rest of the race hucksters to try and keep a dead man's name in the news?

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Rahm Emmanuel
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Where do I stand? In short... Enforce the laws that we have, not criminalize law abiding citizens with political manure.

Of course my opinion makes sense and has a snowballs chance in hell of seeing reality as far as Washington is concerned.

Comment

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Enter my home, my property, my space and threaten me or mine? You're dead. That's where I stand.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I dont feel people should have to retreat from spaces that they legally have a right to be in. Nobody should have to run from a criminal or face charges.

Comment

Where do I stand I support as it provides a layer of protection in legitimate circumstances. This crap of retreating is just that crap that gives bad guys the extra opportunity to inflict harm, before you do anything. We have it here in AZ as opposed to the castle doctrine in Ca.
              Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

I support stand your ground. I have a bad back, bad knees. I couldn't outrun the average 8 year old. I HAVE to stand my ground, I have no choice in the matter. The Zimmerman deal was a straight up self defense case anyway, the way I understand it.

I speak from a private citizen point of view, I am not an LEO.
                When you are dead, you don't know you're dead. It is difficult only for the others around you.

It is the same when you are stupid.

Comment

http://youtu.be/AKKqLl_ZEEY
                  Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I stand in Texas, the place where we don't have to worry about any of the nonsensical idiots making laws about self defense. Heck, we can shoot people for criminal mischief at night... not that I would, but the penal code allows it.

Comment

I don't believe you should have to back away from any turd trying to do you harm, steal your stuff or anything else where my safety or the safety of anyone around me is being placed in real or perceived danger.

If the choice is you or me...You lose!!!
                      My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

I have to admit I am rather confused by all the excitement over Stand Your Ground.

I am not aware of any state law that requires you to retreat and run when unlawfully threatened with physical harm. To the contrary, I believe just about every state allows you to use reasonable force to overcome an attack, up to taking a human life if necessary to defend against an imminent threat of death or great bodily injury.

So I’m not sure what the issue is. Are people now suggesting that we should surrender to an aggressor and that we must be punished if we defend ourselves from physical harm?

Can someone please tell me what the message is here???
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It's simply another ruse to attack gun rights and continue slandering Zimmerman - even though "Stand Your Ground" had zero to do with his case.

Just like the murkiness of the Occupy message, the people now hollering about "Stand Your Ground" have 1) No clue what it actually is, therefore 2) no clear message about what they want done. "Stand Your Ground" is just the new politically hip version of Budweiser's "Wassup" commercial.

"We'll just say it too, 'cause everyone else is!"

Stupid slacktivists.
                          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

http://www.volokh.com/2013/07/17/duty-to-retreat/

A quick primer on duty to retreat vs stand your ground, and where DTR is the law.

Comment

I would hope to not be in a situation where you have to find out, but I am going to do what I need to ensure the survival of me and mine. Besides it is hard to stand your ground if you are flat on your back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11708 users online. 416 members and 11292 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X