Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkwulfe

Ciao da Trastevere,

Congratulations on your new job. One of these days I'll find my way back to the beautiful state of Montana and know the streets will be safe because of dedicated men such as yourself.

My dad still talks about the delitious buffalo steak at the Red Lodge Cafe. Maybe I'll meet him there to renew old memories, and also do a little skiing and snowmobiling.

Stay safe, both on and off the snowmobile. Sighing with envy.

Nell
    When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Originally posted by Neltja:
    Ciao da Trastevere,

Congratulations on your new job. One of these days I'll find my way back to the beautiful state of Montana and know the streets will be safe because of dedicated men such as yourself.

My dad still talks about the delitious buffalo steak at the Red Lodge Cafe. Maybe I'll meet him there to renew old memories, and also do a little skiing and snowmobiling.

Stay safe, both on and off the snowmobile. Sighing with envy.

Nell
    Thanks for the congratz, I am pretty excited. I am ready to hit the streets, although I would not have minded staying here in the Jail awhile longer to gain some more experience.

Montana is beautiful country, but you are in a pretty nice place yourself. I hope to be able to return to Italy in the near future and spend some more time there, my last trip felt rushed.

You are right, buffalo steaks are a treat. Been awhile since I have had one though. As for snow, it has snowed three times in the last month here, each time more then a foot of snow ended up on the ground. Kinda odd to find a foot of new snow on the ground in July when you look out the window. So is life in the mountains. That's why I moved here.

Comment

Darkwulf,

From what I remember, snow this time of year is not all that uncommon. Red Lodge experienced a snow storm on July 4th during their annual Rodeo and our departure from Montana was schedualed for the middle of June but was delayed because of a blizzard.

Another fond memory I have of Montana is visiting friends in Glendive a few years ago and participating in their round-up. Would you believe I even sat on a calf, with the assistance of a handsome cowboy of course, while they branded and preformed their little operation? Got pictures to prove it. The one thing I refused to do was eat mountain oysters for breakfast the following morning.

My compliments to you on your Homepage, I would certainly give you an A for artistic content. Wolves are magnificent animals and extremely interestng.

Nell
      When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

It does seem like we have gotten allot of snow in the past few weeks. No complaints here, I love the stuff. It just seems like allot of people forget how to drive, must be all the tourists we get.

As for the rocky mountain oysters, never tried them myself. I used to work summers at my grandfathers ranch. Come spring, around May, we would work the calves, round up all the cattle. Split up the cows and calves, tag them all, de-worm then, burn horns off. brand them, and the ever-popular casterization. Then later then night we would have a big rocky mountain oyster fry. I could never get the courage to try them. I doubt I ever will.

Thanks for the compliments on the web page, just a hobby of mine, something to play with. I took a bunch more pictures of wildlife last weekend I want to add, and recorded a few new wolf howls. Been hiking allot around Yellowstone lately.

Feel free to e-mail me if you ever want to just chat or whatever.

------------------
        Darkwulfe
        [email protected]

"Beaten Paths are for Beaten Men"

[This message has been edited by Darkwulfe (edited 06-24-2001).]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5075 users online. 344 members and 4731 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X