Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help !!!!!!!!!

Hello all !!!

I am a 26 yrs old male police officer from Turkey. I want to move to U.S. and want to work there as a police officer. I am not a U.S. citizen. Does anybody knows how can i do that and any police department that does not want "U.S. Citizen" for requirement. I pass all exams here...Pls Help !!!

------------------
    Stay Safe,
    Turk-CoP

Being that in every Police Department in the U.S. you are sworn to defend and uphold the United States' Constitution, it will be impossible for you to be a Police Officer here without being a citizen here.
    "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
    http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

Hello LBomb,

Well...i can swear for that...i mean, i want to move there and live there...i can be a U.S. citizen. I want to immigrate or something else. I try GreenCard but got nothing. Ppl here knows the law in U.S. Tell me some way pls...

------------------
      Stay Safe,
      Turk-CoP

Comment

Hey there!!!

Is there anybody who can help me about the Subject?? You are the police officers, you are the lawmen. You know how these things going in U.S. Somebody pls help me...I need opinions and suggestions.

------------------
        Stay Safe,
        Turk-CoP

Comment

Try this TurkCop:
          US Citizenship - Requirements & Application

Take Care & Good Luck

------------------
          "You're never beaten until you admit it." --Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

Hello;

Thank you TigerLily for your help. I take the eligible/ineligible test in that website. It says that i am ineligible It just asks me 3 questions. And one is: "Did you serve in U.S. Army"? Ofcourse i am NOT

------------------
            Stay Safe,
            Turk-CoP

Comment

Try this link instead--it's the actual INS, and has more information on becoming eligible.

Immigration Naturalization Service

Comment

TigerLily;

Thank you soooo much If nothing happens, anyways i have you as a friend thanx for youre care and help...

Take care and have fun

P.S. Any other opinions, suggestions pls?

------------------
                Stay Safe,
                Turk-CoP

Comment

Citizenship does not come quickly in this country. You will have to immigrate here as a Turkish citizen and then apply for citizenship after you have been here a while. Would you consider joining our military? That is one way to accelerate the citizenship process. Being a foreign national can hamper security clearances but with your foreign language skills and obviously decent English skills you could find a decent job in our armed forces.

I know of a cop from England who ended up immigrating to the US and eventually was able to become an officer here. He was able to get a visa and green card and worked for 5 years in a retail security job until he became eligible to appy for citizenship. In many states you can apply to be a police officer as long as you have a citizenship application in progress and obtain citizenship within 1 to 3 years (depends on state and department policy).

Good luck.
                  If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Hello LeeRoy,

Thanx for the informations mate its very helpful. I never think about joining the U.S. Army. but...i can think about it. Does anybody knows any websites about joining the U.S. Army??? i have to look at it.
                    Hmmm...i dont know my english is good or bad. Is it satisfactory?

Again thank you LeeRoy i will look at it.

------------------
                    Stay Safe,
                    Turk-CoP

Comment

Turk-cop, You speak better English than some locals. Good luck.
                      http://www.usarmy.com/

Comment

Hello Mac,

Really??? thanx i study english in my high school for 14 yrs...well...i know its not that good...u know language will die if u dont use it...Thanx for the link mate

------------------
                        Stay Safe,
                        Turk-CoP

Comment

The army is not the only option. We also have Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. The Army is the largest service but Navy and Air Force are close behind in size.
                          http://www.navyjobs.com/ http://www.marines.com/ http://www.airforce.com/ http://www.uscg.mil/

Good luck and let us know if you talk to a recruiter and what they say.

If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Friends,

Thank you all I will look in that links. Can anybody tell me "How can i get U.S. without these"? My aunt sold everything she got here 10 yrs ago and move to U.S. She never turns back. How? I tried to contact with her but cant. If i go to U.S. Embassy here what kind of Visa will they give me?

------------------
                            Stay Safe,
                            Turk-CoP

Comment

Of course you can get to the US without joining the military, but that will just speed up the citizenship process. Check out the INS site for info about work visas (green cards). It's not as hard to enter the country as a resident alien, but there is an application process and I believe a lottery to go through. If you don't want to go the military route, you still have to wait in the neighborhood of five years before you can apply for citizenship and get a LE job.

In reference to your aunt...try your hardest to contact her. Having relatives in the country will enhance the chances of you getting a visa.

Have you ever visited the US before? If not, I would suggest taking a trip over here if you have the means to do so. I've been to Istanbul once, and will tell you that things are MUCH different here (especially law enforcement). I'm not sure how the hiring process is in Turkey, but here it is long and arduous. Your English skills seem to be ok, but they will have to improve if you want to be able to pass a written exam. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3741 users online. 152 members and 3589 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X