300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Joins New York On Wacko Gun Laws

The California Senate approved eight new gun laws this month. Seven now go to the State Assembly. Because we are a nanny state, no one seems too upset about them. Here's a quick rundown:

SB 47 by Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco: bans so-called "bullet buttons" used to get around existing laws banning detachable magazines

All those AR15s you cops have as personal weapons will now become illegal....

SB 53 by Sen. Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles: creates new state permits that require background checks for buyers of ammunition

Not that it matters because you'd have to buy a $50 permit to buy ammunition to start with.

SB 374 by Sen. Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento: bans detachable magazines in rifles

And while we're on a roll....your other rifles that use a magazine, (ie, all of them...) will become illegal under this law.

SB 396 by Sen. Loni Hancock, D-Berkeley: prohibits possession of magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

This law bans 11+ round magazines that were grandfathered under existing law. All you retired cops will need to surrender those legal large cap mags you retired with.

SB 567 by Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson, D-Santa Barbara: changes the definition of certain kinds of shotguns to make them assault weapons

Because we have had so many shotgun massacres, the assault weapon definition is being broadened to make more illegal

SB 683 by Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego: requires all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate

SB 755 by Sen. Lois Wolk, D-Davis: increases the number of crimes - including drug addiction, chronic alcoholism and others - that result in a 10-year ban on being allowed to own a gun

An eighth bill that is part of the package, SB 140, was signed by Gov. Jerry Brown earlier this month. It increases funding for a state program that confiscates guns from people prohibited from owning them because they have criminal pasts or were at one time temporarily committed for mental evaluation (5150 WIC).

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...ate-guns.html#
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

And the circus continues, seems like they are trying to make California into england. Like thats such a great model of non violence.
    "Judge's comment's for precedent are Blue by Day White by Knight. Common battery signals are as follows chuck, kluck, pencil, eraser and ink. The most common signal is Tinkerbell." - gabrielnzion's crazy ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      SB 53 by Sen. Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles: creates new state permits that require background checks for buyers of ammunition

Not that it matters because you'd have to buy a $50 permit to buy ammunition to start with.
      Awesome! Looks like I'll be able to find some ammo now that all of those alcoholics and mentally unstable people aren't out there buying it all up!

Comment

Those laws are wackier than ours. I just hope cuomo doesn't get any new ideas.

Comment

All I know is the Ruger 22 rifle I got 48 years ago as a teen will become an illegal weapon under this legislation if it gets signed into law, because it has a detachable magazine.

I just missed the gun show last weekend. It will be back in a couple of months. I guess I will need to stock up on ammo in case the new law goes into effect.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

This law bans 11+ round magazines that were grandfathered under existing law. All you retired cops will need to surrender those legal large cap mags you retired with.
            "**** **** and the horse they rode in on" (an old family saying)

Comment

Three years and nine months and we are flooring it across the state line and moving back to America.
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

They're apparently too busy here in Illinois dealing with the consequences of the Federal Court ruling against the anti-carry laws to be contemplating such a ban right now. So I would have to give up my .30 '06 bolt action rifles on account of them having detachable magazines including the one for which I have only one 4 round mag? That's OK. I suppose I'd use my shorter range .30-30 carbine with its internal magazine instead. I don't have the rotating internal mag version or the button mag mod so I can't use .308 rounds in it because the recoil might set off the primer in the next round. But the lawmakers don't appear to be too concerned about the lawful shooter's safety do they? I trust that I won't be needing more than 1 round unless there's more than 1 target.
                Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 06-04-2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Did anyone see anything in there that will create a safer environment, or prevent "another Newtown" as they like to claim? The state better start building several new prisons, because I foresee millions of new felons being created with the stroke of a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                    All I know is the Ruger 22 rifle I got 48 years ago as a teen will become an illegal weapon under this legislation if it gets signed into law, because it has a detachable magazine.

I just missed the gun show last weekend. It will be back in a couple of months. I guess I will need to stock up on ammo in case the new law goes into effect.
                    I gave my older sister's husband an excellent Ruger .22 with a 30 round magazine about 3 decades ago with the intent that he teach their kids (1 boy and 1 girl) to shoot safely and accurately (he's a former USAF guy and a current Civil Air Patrol pilot). Now that the kids are grown (that nephew is an engineer and that niece is an artist) they're both parents (each with 1 boy child), and they can shoot safely and accurately, and they look forward to their kids learning to do likewise.
                    Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 06-04-2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Hey L-1,

The Ruger .22 that I gave to one of my younger brothers that was his first rifle had a (I think it was no more than 15 rounds) magazine that was a tube that was inserted into the stock (we made some silly jokes about that).

Regards,

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
                        Did anyone see anything in there that will create a safer environment, or prevent "another Newtown" as they like to claim? .
                        No

Comment

Did anyone see anything in there that will create a safer environment, or prevent "another Newtown" as they like to claim? The state better start building several new prisons, because I foresee millions of new felons being created with the stroke of a pen.
                          Yes, I do: these laws help to create a safer environment for criminals, because they discourage gun ownership, including practice at the range (both due to higher prices, higher taxes and burdensome regulations). These laws also help create a safer environment for criminals by validating the irresponsible liberal fantasy that criminals can be controlled by passing laws: this creates a false sense of safety among law-abiding citizens, which works tremendously to the criminals' advantage. The National Association of British Burglars recently released some statistics showing that overall confidence of their members, when breaking and entering, has increased "by leaps and bounds" since the gun ban.
                          And even though none of those laws say that they aim to ban most or all guns, that is nevertheless their goal: they are doing what is doable now, in smaller increments. So these words by Thomas Jefferson still apply:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
                          https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

List of Islamic terror attacks in the last 30 days

Comment

Dont you pay attention to the news?!?!??
                            No one goes to prison anymore, it's called realignment! At MOST anyone found in violation of these "yet to be laws" will get EMP and "Weapon Possession Offender Diversion Court" and a new category of DEJ until they complete the Diversion program .
                            semper destravit

Comment

I think sb638 is a good idea, other then that nope. Glad I live in florida.
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5476 users online. 391 members and 5085 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X