X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Ticket City’ Back on the Map, Police Chief Speaks Out

-
    Background: http://www.ohio.com/news/local/bob-d...e-map-1.397468

It seems like the media is on this never-ending crusade against traffic tickets. But if you follow the speed limit, you won't get ticketed. It's that easy

But the neighboring police chief's facebook post caught my eye:

https://www.facebook.com/BrimfieldPo...22218131140567

In my opinion and my opinion ONLY…how does handing you a $185.00 citation HELP you?
    Pretty bold statements by the Chief, though I agree with some of them. I guess it comes down to how each agency wants to run things. I was just surprised the Chief took such a strong stance on the issue.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

There's CS tickets and then there's tickets.

Comment

Every state has "those towns" that become notorious for being 'speed traps' and with overzealously enforcement of laws. By deliberately posting limits far below the "85th Percentile" speed, it becomes a target-rich environment and it is easy to fill the town coffers.

For anyone who thinks this is not true, try driving through DC or MD without having a huge chance of getting nailed by a camera (the speed or the red-light variety). Other states (FL and AZ, for instance) are jumping on the bandwagon as well - and it becomes easy money when the timing is "adjusted" at intersections monitored by cameras.

Sometimes, this is like having law enforcement personnel for generating revenue instead of enhancing public safety. Just sayin'.....

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

There's a stretch of highway in New Jersey where the speed limit changes between 55 and 65 and sometimes down to 50 every few miles. A couple of the signs are around corners and can sneak up really fast. I don't see too many NJSP cruisers around there, but the local town PDs patrol the highway in that area and there's very few, if any, warnings given to anyone. There have been times where I've seen up to four cars pulled over within about a mile and the mile is usually right around where the speed limit drops. I've been fortunate enough not to get stopped as I've traveled that route many times and I know where most of the speed changes are and if the speed limit is 55, I don't go 56.
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5706 users online. 401 members and 5305 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X