Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hi I'm a twelve y/o boy named Jeremy who has found a cop disobeying"

-
    This Jeremy kid is really brave. At such a young age, he is already aware of the police state we live in and is working hard fight the system. Sidewalk lawyers must be so proud.

I was a pretty shy kid when I was 12, so I found Jeremy to be pretty bold.
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Where is Serpico when you need him.

Comment

I have three thoughts here. Not necessarily in a meaningful order. Cop to cop, we need to be real:

1. The kid, brazen as he is, is respectful, and the officer, while acting civil, could have had a good time by engaging the kid in a discussion about the matter.

2. The kid is probably right... why is the motor parked on the sidewalk?

3. Why not show/ tell your badge number? Makes you look guilty when you withhold.

and I'll also add this- cop or not, if this was my kid, he'd be grounded and or spanked!

Just my initial thoughts.
      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Parking on the sidewalk would be ok if the motor cop was there on official business. Bad if he parked there just so he didn't have to walk as far to buy a soda. I'm hoping he was assisting with apprending a shoplifter and bought a drink on his way out.

Comment

If there is not a close spot then I park next to the doors of a store even if I am just getting a drink. I have to be close to my car at all times incase an emergency call comes in.

Comment

People seem to not realize that whether you are on a lunch break or not, emergency calls for service come in regardless. Do you want to run 15 feet or 2 1/2 blocks to get to the cruiser?

Comment

Emergency vehicles (cops, FD, and EMS) are exempt from all parking laws in Las Vegas, where this was filmed.

Comment

I really liked what the Walmart where I used to live did. Instead of having just a fire lane, they put up signs saying "Fire, EMS, and Police Vehicles Only". If I'm going in a place for a call, I park where I want, turn on my traffic arrow, and leave my car running. If it's for personal business, I park in a stop and turn off the engine. If I can't find a spot that I feel is close enough to let me respond to a call, I find somewhere else to stop.
                Originally posted by Ceridwen
                Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

We don't have any retail areas or restaurants around here that make you park 2 &1/2 blocks away, except downtown Detroit maybe. I'm not saying parking in a fire lane / on the sidewalk is the worst thing in the world, but I don't buy the I need to park close in case of an emergency argument unless you are at a large venue such as a stadium, high school, etc. I just think the negative perception of parking in a fire lane / sidewalk outweighs the few seconds you might save in case that drop everything you are doing emergency happens while you are in line at Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by CityCopDC View Post
                    People seem to not realize that whether you are on a lunch break or not, emergency calls for service come in regardless. Do you want to run 15 feet or 2 1/2 blocks to get to the cruiser?
                    Along the same lines, I like to point out when I hear stuff like this that response time isn't just the time to get from the parked car/bike to the incident, but also the time to get to the car/bike when the call comes out.

"If you're being robbed, would you rather the officer have further to walk to get to his/her vehicle to get to your location?"
                    This Space For Rent

Comment

Of the the things worthy of complaints that government employees do, freaking out over where emergency responders park is just about dead last on the list.

Given zero time to think it through I could probably name 100 other things more important than this that our government agents do, all of them infinitely worse than parking on the sidewalk to get your slurpee fix.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Curly Bill View Post
                        I just think the negative perception of parking in a fire lane / sidewalk outweighs the few seconds you might save in case that drop everything you are doing emergency happens while you are in line at Starbucks.
                        I am not going to park at the back of walmart because one person might get but hurt about me parking close to the store.

I am more concerned about getting to the call or my fellow Officer screaming for help ASAP.

Plus in Texas it is legal for emergency vehicles to park in fire lanes without an emergency.

Comment

Am I the only one that is curious about why this 12-year old has NOTHING better to do than video a cop parking a motorcycle on a sidewalk? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by zigziggityzoo View Post
                            Of the the things worthy of complaints that government employees do, freaking out over where emergency responders park is just about dead last on the list.

Given zero time to think it through I could probably name 100 other things more important than this that our government agents do, all of them infinitely worse than parking on the sidewalk to get your slurpee fix.

/thread

But it generally ranks in the top three complaints besides speeding w/o lights or sirens and going through traffic lights. Everybody complains till it's their turn to need us. It is what it is.

Am I the only one that is curious about why this 12-year old has NOTHING better to do than video a cop parking a motorcycle on a sidewalk? Seriously?
                            It's pretty obvious that the kid was put up to it; certainly by one of his worthless parents. My guess would be most likely the dad that didn't have the sack to say something to the officer face to face himself. So he sends a kid...focking priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by polizei1 View Post
                              Hmmmmm I was wondering the same thing. He could be, you know, mowing lawns or something.............
                              It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15192 users online. 477 members and 14715 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X