300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sex Criminals Message Board

The Message Board is suppost to "include sex crime victims, friends and relatives of victims, people who want to educate and protect themselves and their loved ones and those who advocate change in the legal system, law enforcement, government and society. It also includes convicted sex offenders, friends and relatives of offenders, people with deviant thoughts and those whose views may be different from your own or the types of people listed above in general."

But oddly there seems to be a lot of sex offenders posting they're ideas, and I thought it was stange that there seems to be no law enforsement points of view.

*Please note if you do choose to post there, a section of your ip address is revealed in the post.

http://www.sexcriminals.com/messageboard/

I did not view this site, nor do I desire to inadvertantly view anything that one of those twisted creeps might have put down to virtual ink.

I am confused as to how this site can be helpful to victims or friends and family of victims if sex offenders are allowed to post their sick thoughts on the site.

I also wonder what is stopping someone from naming an innocent person as an alleged sex offender on the site?

If sex offenders are able to post their warped `ideas' who is to say that some nut job isn't posting false allegations as well?

I support local law enforcement officers. Do you?

Comment

Granet it helps to have a strong stomach and a fight back mentallity to deal with some of the characters on that site. I think the message board is helpful for victims paticularily those that were victimized as children who subconsciencly blame themselves for crimes committed against them, to see exactly how warped and sick some individual sex offender really are. Additionally the website offers victims a place to vent and confront sex offenders, and that can give victims a real sense of power, and I think it is benificial for the offenders to hear the voices of victims that uncover their veils of denial.

Comment

I looked at it. It's kind of like going to marijauna dot com to learn about smokers.

Comment

Do you think that victims and law enforsement banners and link pages on the sexcriminalas.com site might just be a cover to give the impression that it is a legitiment site?

Comment

First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Steve and I'm the founder and administrator of SexCriminals.com, which I founded in 1998. I hoped to reply to this post sooner, but it took more than a week for my user registration to be approved.

But oddly there seems to be a lot of sex offenders posting they're ideas, and I thought it was stange that there seems to be no law enforsement points of view.
            Yes, some posters on our sexcriminals.com message board are sex
            offenders (a very broad term), relatives of sex offenders and pedophiles. And some of these people are regular posters. Some regular posters also include a couple of probation officers, a retired police officer, a cyber-vigilante and a sex offender counselor.

I welcome law enforcement, attorneys, counselors, probation officers,
            therapists, psychologists, social workers, medical professionals and others with open arms. They're certainly not being blocked or censored and if you know of any please invite them to look at our board and participate.

Please note if you do choose to post there, a section of your ip address is revealed in the post.
            While true when you posted this message, this is no longer the case. If any of you have any questions feel free to ask.
            Steve, <a href="http://www.sexcriminals.com/">SexCriminals.com</a>

Comment

I did not view this site, nor do I desire to inadvertantly view anything that one of those twisted creeps might have put down to virtual ink.
              I'm new to the board so I'm not sure what your background is or what your goals are, but if you're fighting the enemy it's not a bad idea to know as much as you can about him.

I am confused as to how this site can be helpful to victims or friends and family of victims if sex offenders are allowed to post their sick thoughts on the site.
              If you bury your head in the sand you can't really consider yourself
              informed. It's intuitive that most people don't have much interaction with pedophiles, hebophiles, exhibitionists, child molesters and those whose thoughts and actions are considered deviant. And most people would not chose to put themselves in the same room with such people. So most people's knowledge of such people is limited to what they know from the media, websites (many of which are biased and inaccurate), books (only a small percentage have read any relevant books) and what they hear. Our message board (which is but part of the site) gives people the opportunity to learn
              from people who most would never interact with and whose views most would never know. It can challenge your own views, reinforce your existing views, teach you something new that will help you protect your loved ones, and more. I challenge you to read a few hundred old posts on our board or read posts for a solid week and then tell me it wasn't informative and educational.

I also wonder what is stopping someone from naming an innocent person as an alleged sex offender on the site?
              We do our best not to allow posts which contain identifying, uncorroborated information. If possible we contact the author and ask them to resubmit it without such information about themselves or the others mentioned or to provide evidence that what they say is true.

If sex offenders are able to post their warped `ideas' who is to say that some nut job isn't posting false allegations as well?
              Would you prefer to only visit sites, read books, watch TV, listen to radio, etc. if those in control censored what they considered "warped"? What if they consider something warped that you don't? For the record, I think sexual contact between adults and those more than a few years younger than them (I'm fine with a relationship b/w an 18 year old and a 16 year old) is inappropriate and very well could be harmful. But I think one of our board's posters says it well in the following post:

http://www.sexcriminals.com/messageb...=14332&t=14327

And another poster recently touched on civil liberties after being berated for using the following quote in his sig: "In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up." -- Martin Niemoeller (1892-1984)"

His post is at:

http://www.sexcriminals.com/messageb...=14199&t=14084

Comment

sssalas,

You made some good points about how some people can benefit from passively reading posts on the board or actively participating, even when interacting with those most people despise.

Do you think that victims and law enforcement banners and link pages on the sexcriminals.com site might just be a cover to give the impression that it is a legitiment site?
                Hey, why not ask me? I've been accused of such conspiracies before and have been accused of being a pedophile, apparently simply because some people can't understand why I'd allow people they consider sick to post on the board. Nevermind my views have been stated publicly for the last 5 years on my site, other sites and the media and every single post I've ever made the last 3 years is still online (and searchable). Without expecting anything in return, I chose to run banner ads for relevant sites which I think may be beneficial to many of my site's visitors, getting nothing in return. Nevermind that the site is a legitimate site and has been since 1998, but
                even if it wasn't, would that be enough of a ruse to pull off some
                elaborate, clandestine operation? I don't think people are that gullible, do you?

Anyway, here's a post from February where I addressed someone's roundabout way of accusing me of being a pedophile.

http://www.sexcriminals.com/messageb...&i=7019&t=6785

I hope I've alleviated your fears and concerns, but if not I'm glad to answer questions and elaborate. I hope to have time to post here occasionally as I've found it interesting and informative.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3925 users online. 271 members and 3654 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X