300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background job history question.

Hello, I have a question regarding my background process maybe someone here can help. I just recieved my personal history statement and spent a few days going to past employers and ssi to get my employment history. I have gotten all my past jobs and the dates I worked and noticed on my application I did not put the same date for one part time job I had. I had a part time job for a few months and the company closed so it was hard for me to get any info on this job I had 5 years ago. Should I email my BI and let him know I did not put the correct date on the application? I was off by a year but it was just a part time job. Any advice? Thank you guys.

Yes, correct the error.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfleet Officer View Post
      Yes, correct the error.
      x2.....................just make sure the correction is made
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It sounds like an honest mistake, let your BI know and sail on.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys, I will email him explaining my mistake.

Comment

Hey Chris, I dont think it makes much of a difference, it was a part-time position and it was
            5 years ago. I was beating myself up for not remembering I worked part-time at pizza hut while I was in the service. I still placed it on my background personal information sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by ggGunny2009 View Post
              Hey Chris, I dont think it makes much of a difference, it was a part-time position and it was
              5 years ago.
              Chris,

Disregard what this guy said because it can matter.

I have done backgrounds on guys the brass "didn't like" but there was nothing significant in their past for a solid DQ.

So instead, the applicants were DQed for little errors like yours, claiming that such errors demonstrated the applicants were one or more of the following:

1. Dishonest

2. Unable to follow simple written instructions

3. Lacked the traits of accuracy, thoroughtness and attention to detail.

Any one of those met the criteria for DQ, although the last two were CS considering what they were based on.

The whole point is, correct your error even though it is minor. You do not want to create even the slightest cause for DQ in case you rub someone the wrong way.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3581 users online. 174 members and 3407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X