• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape-Prevention Underwear invented

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/04/05/...-now&hpt=hp_t2

Indian Students Develop ‘Rape-Prevention’ Underwear

By Kharunya ParamaguruApril 05, 2013

Three engineering students in India have developed lingerie that they claim has “anti-rape” features that will help women protect themselves against possible attacks.

The underwear — dubbed Society Harnessing Equipment — features GPS technology (to alert the police) as well as pressure-activated electrodes “capable of sending shock waves of 3,800 kV” Manisha Mohan, one of the developers behind the product, told the Times of India.

“A person trying to molest a girl will get the shock of his life the moment pressure sensors get activated,” he told the newspaper. The GPS link and a cell phone transmitter would also send an SOS text to emergency services “as well as to parents of the girl,” she said.

The circuitry for the GPS and sensor modules are both based near the bosom — as according to research on attempted rapes and sexual harassment, that is where women are first attacked, say the students.

“Studying in a convent girls school, we were always taught to be good to everyone around and bear a cheerful smile. After stepping into the real , cruel world we realized that our smile could not last for long as the threat to our purity and integrity always lingered on. Since the law makers take ages to come up with just laws and even after that, women are unsafe.”

The rape and death of a young woman in Delhi last year has highlighted the problem of sexual violence in India. The students cite both the Delhi gang rape as well as another incident in Bangalore as their impetus for finding a solution to the problem.

However the idea of an anti-rape device is not a new one. In South Africa the controversial ‘Rape-Axe’, a latex condom embedded with inward-facing barbs, was proposed in 2005 to mixed reception. Though the Society Harnessing Equipment can reportedly deliver up to 82 shocks, it’s considerably tamer than the Rape-Axe. The students are hoping to make their design available for purchase in April.

So it shocks the attacker? Wouldn't it by definition shock the female?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
      So it shocks the attacker? Wouldn't it by definition shock the female?
      Don't think so if its on the outside.

Comment

Huh? 3,800kv??? How do they plan to generate that with anything she can inconspicuously wear?? There's going to be no way to shield her (it can jump a yard in dry air, more in wet air) but since this is basically a taser on steroids hitting her also might be acceptable.

On the other hand anyone who takes steps to thwart it will be immune. All you need is something to divert the shock away.

Comment

I kind of figured the whole thing was a little off kilter hen I started reading phrases like "based near the bosom" and "studying in a convent girls school."
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

This story is out of North Korea and written by Kim Jong-un right?
            The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren Pechtel View Post
              Huh? 3,800kv??? How do they plan to generate that with anything she can inconspicuously wear?? There's going to be no way to shield her (it can jump a yard in dry air, more in wet air) but since this is basically a taser on steroids hitting her also might be acceptable.

On the other hand anyone who takes steps to thwart it will be immune. All you need is something to divert the shock away.
              Also at that level of difference in potential any significant deliverable dyne level available could disable the GPS and cell devices.

Comment

Watch one of these degenerates throw a bucket of water on the woman and short out the system. You build a better mousetrap and you will get a smarter mouse. I like the saying, "God made man, Sam Colt made man equal." Why mess with perfection?
                Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

I call BS. I can't find a patent application, proper pics or descriptions of a prototype, or peer-reviewed journal articles. I think some mostly well-meaning students decided to perpetrate a hoax in response to the scourge of rape.

Comment

It's bs

But how about underwear that shocks a guy when he gets an erection
                    More affective I call the patent on that!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5216 users online. 284 members and 4932 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X