300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we really need this?

A Japanese company is now growing square watermelons. The melons are grown in glass containers and they idea is that they will fit in the fridge better.

Glad science isn't being wasted.

------------------
    Niteshift-
    Perseverate In Pugna

Geez, now what will I do with my watermelon shaped fridge!!!

Wonder how much this project is costing!!!

Comment

Darn it all...there goes my idea of inventing a round refrigerator to solve that very problem!

How come all the good ideas are taken?

Wow, apparently I wasn't even the only one with the fridge idea. I give up...back to the drawing board

[This message has been edited by goodgirl (edited 06-22-2001).]
      "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Well GG, I was going to put that I was glad that they were making square shaped watermellons because it means they aren't making nuclear bombs!... but it just didn't have the same giggle!!

Comment

Hey I think its a great idea, especially with summer coming up. Just imagine being able to get smaller more manageable watermelons to squeeze into the fridge.

------------------
          [email protected]

Comment

It would making cutting and serving easier too I guess.

Still........they figure this crap out, but they still can't get me a reliable cell phone signal.

------------------
            Niteshift-
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Too true, Nightshift. We have a cellphone but don't use it unless it's an emergency when we are driving. Tonight, our son got sick at work and they couldn't get through to us from his work. They had to resort to voice mail to leave us a message that they were taking him to the emergency room because they couldn't get through by just calling our phone.

Comment

Like I told my cell phone company........ they were talking to Neil Armstrong on the friggin moon in the 60's, but I can't talk to someone 10 miles away.

------------------
                Niteshift-
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Nite,
                  Where did you see this? Trust the Japs.

------------------
                  We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
                  "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

Well, we were extremely unhappy with the cell company. We got the cell phone in case our son got sick and then we we needed it, it wasn't there for us. It was a dangerous situation because we have to be available to our son at all times because of his health.

Comment

Wouldn't it be more economical for the growers to ship square watermelons than it is to ship round ones? Just a thought.

Nell
                      When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

I actually saw it in Entertainment Weekly magazine.

Their comment on the matter was "You'll love their bread-shaped tomato."

------------------
                        Niteshift-
                        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature

Until they come up with a watermelon that also comes with handles and perhaps a nice strong man to put it in my bedroom...err.. fridge...then I won't be interested

Until then I will settle for a watermelon that I can roll into the elevator and the view of the produce man as he bends over to help me put it on the conveyor belt

[This message has been edited by goodgirl (edited 06-23-2001).]
                          "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

mmmm WATERMELON! We eat a lot of it here in the summer. We get the seedless kind that has seeds in it! lol It is just SO delicious. We are lucky enough to have a friend that planted a half and acre of watermelons. We just drive on by, pick out the one we want, and wave to him! And they are DEEEEE-LICIOUS!

Comment

I can relate to the thing about cell phones. We recently got the Nextel phones, the radio feature is great, I love it, especially when I dont want to discuss something on an open freq. But when ever I'm inside buildings like the station, jail, courthouse and dispatch I cant get a signal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5816 users online. 362 members and 5454 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X