Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did FBI and Los Angeles County Sheriff's Personnel Assist a Serial Killer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did FBI and Los Angeles County Sheriff's Personnel Assist a Serial Killer?

Tonight at 10:30 PM on Fox 11 (Los Angeles), former Los Angeles County deputy district attorney Robin Sax will be examining issues raised after the arrest of alleged serial killer (19 counts currently filed) "Whitey Bulger" who was a fugitive for more than 16 years. Bulger claims that the FBI told him he was "immune from prosecution" due to assistance he provided them regarding his business rivals (Italian organized crime).

One retired FBI agent (James Connolly) was convicted for his role in assisting Bulger in several of the killings and is serving a 40 year sentence, another agent (H. Paul Rico) was charged as a co-principal to murder after his retirement but died while awaiting trial, and a third agent (John Morris) was granted immunity from prosecution but admitted taking payoffs from Bulger while he was Agent Connolly's supervisor.

Honorably retired FBI supervisor Robert Fitzpatrick who documented his experiences and frustration trying to clean up the Boston office in the book "Betrayal" will be among those interviewed.

A retired Santa Monica Police Department sergeant will also be featured. He alleges that three years prior to Bulger's arrest, he detained a subject in LASD's jurisdiction (while off-duty) that was attempting to sell handguns associated with Bulger, one of which had it's serial numbers removed. Although Bulger was on the FBI's "Ten Most Wanted" list, neither LASD nor FBI investigative personnel followed up on the potential leads. After Bulger was coincidentally (?) arrested in the sergeant's own jurisdiction, neither the FBI or LASD were inclined to address the lack of lack of diligence on the part of their personnel or reason(s) behind it.

If you miss the airing of this program or live outside Los Angeles and wish to view it, you may be able to do so at: www.myfoxla.com after this evening's presentation.
    Last edited by pulicords; 02-15-2013, 03:34 PM.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

By any chance would we here on o.com be familiar with that retired SMPD Sergeant?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      By any chance would we here on o.com be familiar with that retired SMPD Sergeant?
      Seriously L-1. Aren't there more important issues involved with these allegations than whether or not any members here are acquainted with the person(s) making them???

Questions to o.com members: Is there any way law enforcement officers can justify providing assistance to a fugitive charged with one murder? Ten murders?? Nineteen murders???

Why would investigators knowingly fail to follow-up on potential lead(s) or secure evidence associated with the above crimes and the man wanted for them when they were provided by a fellow LEO?

Why would law enforcement managers refuse to authorize an internal investigation into allegations of the above or (upon learning the allegations were true) fail to impose discipline to those involved?

Link: http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2122267...-whitey-bulger
      Last edited by pulicords; 02-17-2013, 11:01 AM.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

My apologies sir. Apparently I misread something in your original post that wasn't there.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Apology accepted. Thank you.

What I find very difficult to accept is that with nearly 400 views, none of our members seem concerned enough about these allegations to comment on them. This is our FBI isn't it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8808 users online. 410 members and 8398 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X