Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Gets Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop Because He's A Cop

-
    Too bad the reporter didn't let us hear more from the coffee shop manager....he sounded like a fine example of a good student who paid attention to his liberal college professor.

"The police are the oppressor; they prey on the poor and the minorities" ... standard talking points

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Well, while their position is deplorable... it is the shop's right to refuse service.

The irony that the cop is one of the people out there protecting that right is probably lost on them.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

That seems about right for Portland.

Comment

I saw this video a while back, I got my jollies listening to the story; like many LEOs say, there's more to this story, I guarantee! This is a simple matter of property. All we have to do is ask the simple question, who owns the property, "red and black." If manager Langley(I presume is the owner), owns the property, than he can grant people the privilege of entering the premises.

Does it suck? Yes, it does, but unless the LEO owns the property, when the owner says get out, you leave, the lady can be "appalled" until she turns blue in the face.

I can guarantee you, manager Langley will be dialing 911 when his business gets ripped off!
        Last edited by Raiden; 12-10-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Typical Portland attitude. Traditionally, small businesses have signs posteed: "We reserve the right to refuse service to ANYBODY!" And, many rigidly enforce that right. If I were working that area I would avoid that establishment at all costs and would likely be slow to respond to a call for services. But, that is me! If they don't want me in their business, I will eventually get to them and make them come to the sidewalk to take a report. Easily handled!
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Pretty sure this is very old news. I wiped, and moved on, long ago.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Probably had about a ton of "medical" cannabis in the back room and was freaking out.I would suggest that the local health dept. make suprise inspections---------on a daily basis.
              Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Lived in Seattle for over a year. There's a slew of these kinds of people there. It's embarrassing to say the least.

Comment

I encourage people to leave their thoughts of the incident on their fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/redandblackcafe?fref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
                    I encourage people to leave their thoughts of the incident on their fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/redandblackcafe?fref=ts
                    Not a bad idea....but as others have pointed out, the video is a couple of years old (should have mentioned that in my OP.)

I agree with what others have stated....his shop, his rules. If I was the cop, I wouldn't care. I'd just make sure other LEOs in the area were aware of what happened........perhaps they'd like to join me at another coffee shop lol.

And that gave me an idea. Another local coffee shop should offer LEOs discounts. I know that may violate some LE agency policies, but I would think just the offer would tempt local LEOs to hang around that shop, if nothing else than to just send a bit of a message! It would be good buisness for that coffee shop offering the discount, too.
                    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

I think I would make sure that his shop was the "safest" in my district. I would make sure that there were no violations of any laws with in the vicinity of his business. I would take a "Zero Tolerance" for any traffic, parking, littering, violations.

I am sure that his customers and vendors would appreciate the extra safe neighborhood.
                      Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                        That seems about right for Portland.
                        I've been hearing that northwest area is even more liberal than California. Crazy toons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob2899 View Post
                          Not a bad idea....but as others have pointed out, the video is a couple of years old (should have mentioned that in my OP.)

I agree with what others have stated....his shop, his rules. If I was the cop, I wouldn't care. I'd just make sure other LEOs in the area were aware of what happened........perhaps they'd like to join me at another coffee shop lol.

And that gave me an idea. Another local coffee shop should offer LEOs discounts. I know that may violate some LE agency policies, but I would think just the offer would tempt local LEOs to hang around that shop, if nothing else than to just send a bit of a message! It would be good buisness for that coffee shop offering the discount, too.
                          No need to post on their FB, I'm sure that was already done and completely ignored by the coffee shop over two years ago (May 2010) when this first occurred. The message was already sent. They didn't care at the time, they will care even less now. From what I understand about the place, giving them more attention over this will only increase their popularity within their circle of devotees. It's old news, let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                            Typical Portland attitude. Traditionally, small businesses have signs posteed: "We reserve the right to refuse service to ANYBODY!" And, many rigidly enforce that right. If I were working that area I would avoid that establishment at all costs and would likely be slow to respond to a call for services. But, that is me! If they don't want me in their business, I will eventually get to them and make them come to the sidewalk to take a report. Easily handled!
                            Sarge,
                            I understand how you feel, and I would also stay clear of their business, but if the leaders of my department, when I was working, found out that I had retaliated against a business owner by making them come to the cub to make a report, or that I intentionally was slow to respond to their call for service, because they refused service to me, I would be looking at sitting in the jail for a long time.
                            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                              I've been hearing that northwest area is even more liberal than California. Crazy toons.
                              California is a big place, and one can't generalize like that. Remember that CA was the state that sent Robert "B1 Bob" Dornan & Randall "Duke" Cunningham to Congress for many years (the latter until he was convicted & sent away).

But yeah, the anti-LEO attitude is somewhat strong here. Of course, the media here goes out of their way to stoke that fire as well.
                              This Space For Rent

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12129 users online. 438 members and 11691 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X