300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper vindicated after ticketing assemblyman in NJ

NJSP issued an assemblyman a ticket 71 in a 55 zone. Assemblyman admitted to going 65. He put in a complaint against the trooper.

He claims the trooper had him boxed in, was rude and embarrassed him. He might have been embarrassed cause he had a passenger in the car but the video shows the truth. You can see that here.http://www.lawofficer.com/video/news...s-nj-assemblym

That was the most, routine, boring traffic stop ever. In no way could any of that be interpreted as disrespectful or as a "charade".

Comment

LAWSUIT time! Also an internal conduct investigation with NJ State Assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
        That was the most, routine, boring traffic stop ever. In no way could any of that be interpreted as disrespectful or as a "charade".
        I'm sure the assemblyman was horrified that a police officer would pull HIM over for something as piddling as 16 over. The nerve! And he has to go to court like any other lawbreaker.

Seriously, I agree fully with you. Only thing I can see the assemblyman being so upset about is that toward the end, he seemed to want to get the fine paid without having to go to court, and the officer politely told him that that wasn't the case.

Comment

The trooper should have tazed him for pulling over to the LEFT instead of to the right.

In all honesty, I believe the trooper did not do anything out of the ordinary or act disrespectful in any way.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

What a doofus. Did he not think about the remote possibility of a piece of technology commonly referred to as a "dash cam"?

Press hard sir, you're making multiple copies, and have a good evening!
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Professional, though I do have a question... Was he standing directly in front of the driver's window and at one point it looked like he nearly put his head into the vehicle... Am I seeing things?

Comment

That is one sharp uniform.

Comment

Yet one more politico thinking he's above the law and his word is better than the officer's. Too bad the video doesn't lie. What a Mc******. A nice fat civil suit would be great.

Side note - does noone at the NJSP own history books? That uniform, if it is the standard uniform, really needs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAJ View Post
                    Side note - does noone at the NJSP own history books? That uniform, if it is the standard uniform, really needs to go.
                    That uniform has been around since the 1920's and is not going anywhere. They also have no "short sleeve" shirts. Bummer in the summer!

Comment

That uniform is hideous, it looks like a civil war uniform.

Do they carry revolvers and muskets too?

Comment

Assemblyman should be brought before the House Ethics Committee for lying and disgracing his office. That was a routine and professional traffic stop.

Only part I didn't love was the trooper putting his gun hand on the roof of the car. Left a little more exposure than I like.
                        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by FedIG View Post
                          That uniform has been around since the 1920's and is not going anywhere. They also have no "short sleeve" shirts. Bummer in the summer!
                          Damn that sucks!

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                          Assemblyman should be brought before the House Ethics Committee for lying and disgracing his office. That was a routine and professional traffic stop.
                          ROTFLMAO. Politicians running an ethics committee.... Makes as much sense as "politicans for fiscal responsibility"...

But in all seriousness, this should absolutely be pursued - the ***** tried to smear an officer for doing his job. In some places, even BS complaints tend to stick in personnel files for eternity.

Comment

Last edited by topgunner; 09-25-2013, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I like the Gestapo style uniform personally. It screams "don't F with me or I'll kick your as$"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5069 users online. 304 members and 4765 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X