Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God must be definately watching over my kids.

This past Wednesday I took my family to the lake for a day at the beach. My wife went to the washroom while I sat with the kids. I sat on the blanket with my one year old while my 2 1/2 year old played at the water's edge. I told her to come away from the water until her mom returned and that I would go in with her then. At that moment my youngest tried to crawl away to eat some sand so I turned away for just a second...when I looked back, my eldest was floating face down three feet from shore. Her beach ball had blown into the water and when she tried to get it a wave had knocked her off of her feet. It was just deep enough so that she floated and couldn't get her feet under her. I have never moved so fast in all my life! I was scooping her out of the water before I realized I had moved. Thankfully she was just scared. I think she had instinctly held her breath for the few seconds it took me to get to her. My wife came back just as I was rushing back to the blanket with her. Those who have read this thread know why the water freaks me out a bit.We stayed for another half hour but my daughter wouldn't leave my side the whole time. I don't think I would have let her anyhow. I tried very hard not to show how terrified I was cause I don't want her to fear swimming but the whole drive home just kept repeating in my head over and over. I just kept picturing her floating face down and was fighting tears the whole way home. That night I was able to talk it all out with my wife (she is so amazing)once we had put the kids to bed. It really helped me to calm down and realize that she was ok.

This just adds further confusion for me as to how some people can do such things to defenceless kids.

Copper2be

Comment

Thats pretty scary and Thank God your kids are okay Copper2be... and I am terribly sorry to hear about your sister!!! I think RT said it best.

[This message has been edited by wonderwoman (edited 06-30-2001).]

Comment

Thanks WW. I was going to share this the day it happened but I was too shook up to think about it. I'm OK now and thankfully so is my little "peanut". I kind of like that these things can be shared here. I'm anonomous but at the same time know I'm among friends and peers.
        Copper2be

Comment

There are many different kinds of friendship and I believe that you don't have to see someones face to be their friend. Ask any blind person and they will agree.
          I believe officer.com is a place for friends!We are here for you!

Comment

Yeah, my wife often looks at me wierd when I tell her I've been talking to all my "friends" online. There are a few here who I feel I've bonded with.
            Copper2be

Comment

Copper2be,
              I am very happy that your daughter is safe. Thank God. I can imagine how you felt.

------------------
              We are the Police! Resistance is Futile!
              "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." Sir James Dewar 1842-1923

Comment

C2b,

You know how lucky you and your family are. I am glad it turned out OK for you.

The number of kids drowning in the Phoenix area is just unbelievable. And some of the circumstances are so bazar. . .

Little ones can move like lightening, but I swear they will only do it if you are not looking at them. Try to get them to hurry? Not a chance. Look away for an instant and they have taken off.

Again, I am so glad your child is OK.

------------------
                I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                6P1 (retired)

Comment

Thanks to you all for your kind thoughts. I am very thankful that things turned out OK and my wife and I have learned a very valuable lesson as to the true value of our kids and how careful we have to be with these precious gifts from God.
                  Copper2be

Comment

When my son was 3, he gave us a terrible scare. We had been at the beach all day. We were getting ready to leave and my husband decided to walk him up to a shower near a motel swimming pool to get all the sand off. I was packing up and looked up to see my husband walking to the shower. He assumed our son was following him but I saw David stop and look at the pool. I screamed to my husband but the music poolside was too loud for him to hear me. David ran right over and jumped in the pool. My husband was still walking with his back to him. I never knew I could run that fast. I had to run up 2 flights of stairs and I don't remember it. I tore to the pool to see David floating face down in the water. My husband had happened to see him while I was running and he and I collided as we both dove in to get him.
                    He was ok but we both had terrible headaches from colliding. My husband said he deserved his for not watching him closer.
                    I'll never forget the feeling of grabbing my son as he was floating face down. He got his breath and then his little baby arms went around my neck as he cried. We were MUCH more careful after that. It proves it only takes an instant.

Comment

Damn, I'm guessing you feel a case of deja vous here, eh?
                      Copper2be

Comment

Believe me, Copper, as they get older, it does not get any easier. He is 24 right now and I find out he's dating an 18 year old! I have said nothing but that's scary just in itself!

Comment

MITZI!

------------------
                          I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
                            Believe me, Copper, as they get older, it does not get any easier.
                            Gee thanks MItzi. I feel MUCH better now!

Copper2be

Comment

Well, raising him has been the joy of my life! But, I had to raise his father at the same time! lol
                              It would have been a LOT easier had he not gotten the brain tumor. WHen you have healthy kids, you have EVERYTHING!
                              It's not too bad til they start driving, copper!

Comment

Copper I know you will relive this a bunch of times but thank the Lord it had a happy ending. I was one time watching my nephew with the brother in law. He was scared to death of the water and would not go in. We were talking back and forth and next thing we know he is underwater. He was fine but it scared the heck out of me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5568 users online. 380 members and 5188 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X