Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It is ironic that she most likely will not face the death penalty because she is (was) a "mom"

Brick first of all I would like to say that I agreed with every single word of your post with the above sentence being the lone exception.

Of course we will probably have to wait a year or two for this whole thing to play itself out in front of a jury, but when its all said and done I do believe she will get the death penalty. It just cant be carried out quick enough in this case.

------------------
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
      ... The family will have a hard time for the rest of their years.
      What's left of them.

Comment

You just have to know it's tearing their guts out. I took my son's brain tumor so hard that I actually wonder if I would survive should something happen to him. My health has been negetively affected and life that I loved seems like I will never be able to trust it again.
        The grandparents and extended family are going through hell. It's just so tragic.

Comment

I would put her in front of a large window with their pictures all over it and make her see them on a daily basis. Knowing and remembering what she did everyday would be a far better punishment than death.

I am beginning to believe these gifts (children) are being given to the wrong people. We have quite a few idiots in Az who are having a difficult time taking better care of thier gifts.

Comment

"I am beginning to believe these gifts (children) are being given to the wrong people. We have quite a few idiots in Az who are having a difficult time taking better care of thier gifts."

I've wondered about that myself.... I prefer to stick to issues and not devulge much of my truly personal moments, but having had the heartbreak of trying desperately to have children, with no success -- well, it just makes you wonder, that's all....

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ftrphxcop:
              I would put her in front of a large window with their pictures all over it and make her see them on a daily basis. Knowing and remembering what she did everyday would be a far better punishment than death.

I wonder if that would really bother her!

The rush of compassion for her really bothers me!
              God Bless those kids!

Comment

Brick, I agree with your post. Contrary to popular belief, it is not easy to get a jury to impose the death penalty in Texas. You have to prove a lot of things including this person is a continuing threat to society. I suspect that might be too hard to do in this case although it is still an option at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BRICKCOP:

Nobody advocates suicide but if you feel you must slaughter 5 children then I say by all means, eat the gun and spare them. She wasn't depressed, she was selfish.
                  She had attempted suicide twice. She was on medication. The weirdest part to me is that she had another child while having this 2-yr bout with post partum depression!?
                  "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I have tears in my eyes as I read this thread. I cannot read the news reports on this woman. I understand she may not be all there mentally but after watching my sister drown when I was five years and being unable to save her, I DO NOT have any sympathy for her.

Our local paper just reported the drowning death of a 12 year old girl here and I can't help notice the contradiction when I see the outpouring of grief this family is going through. I understand their pain all too well.
                    Copper2be

Comment

Jelly, I am afraid she had a lot of pressure on her to have more kids. It is reported her husband wanted 8 kids. I think he should have gone to the Doctor and got snipped after his wife's first problem. Having more kids was more than she could take. I heard this morning that they are planning an insanity defense. That too is hard to get in Texas but we will see.
                      Copper, I am so sad you had to see that happen to you sister. Cops tend to be cold when things like that happen, it is a way to cope with a these types of trauma. I know you will know better how to talk to families when you are a cop. I know there was a reason for this to happen to you, hopefully you will go on and be the best you can be. I am sure that is what your sister would want. I know she is in a better place and you will be with her again someday.

Comment

EIGHT kids? When she was so mentally ill? Wow!
                        Some people, like Thalia, are born mothers and fathers. But, some people aren't. My neighbors planed on having no children. Their little girl showed up when they had been marrid 15 years. They love her dearly but took steps to have no more kids. They felt they could be parents to her but that they weren't the best parents int he world.
                        My neighbor across the street had one little girl after miscarriages and 2 stillborns. She is a born mother but even she is questioning having more.
                        I told my son.....Raising you has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but it's also been the most wonderful thing I have ever done in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by RT:

Copper, I am so sad you had to see that happen to you sister. Cops tend to be cold when things like that happen, it is a way to cope with a these types of trauma. I know you will know better how to talk to families when you are a cop. I know there was a reason for this to happen to you, hopefully you will go on and be the best you can be. I am sure that is what your sister would want. I know she is in a better place and you will be with her again someday.
                          That is my hope as well. It has made me a stronger person I believe. I sure as hell didn't think that then but I use it for my advantage now. I volunteer with a Crisis response team here in Ontario (VICARS)and we do death notifications, suicides, assaults, etc with police. The police call us in to assist the family and survivors in a comforting way. We listen to them cry, scream, whatever way their grief manifests and offer support. I originally volunteered because I thought it would look great when I applied to the police but it became much more personal than that.
                          Copper2be

Comment

Copper, I can't believe how true my post turned out to be. I do believe people die at God's perfect time. We just need to try to see what he had in mind. I did not post after the first time I saw your story because I did not know what to say. I am happy to hear you are doing this. I got to make a few notifications, it is not cops job in our area. But it is not easy, I am glad you are doing this.

Comment

Link says Andrea may be pregnant.
                              http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/062..._pregnant.html

[This message has been edited by mac90 (edited 06-26-2001).]

Comment

Thanks RT.

That which the devil plans for evil, God can use for good.

Hopefully some good can come out of this very very evil situation.
                                Copper2be

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3214 users online. 179 members and 3035 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X