300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on the kids side on this one.
    I wonder how different our society would be if justice were swift and quick.....if people REALLY paid for their crimes? Our society is so quick to try to "understand" and spend millions of dollars housing people who don't belong on this earth. I wish we had all that money for people who really deserve it.
    I just do not care or have any compassion for this mother. I feel, if she were deeply psychotic enought to kill 5 innocent babies, she would not have had the precence of mind to call her husband or the police. I mean, if you are out of your mind enough to do this tragic thing, how could you even think straight?
    I usually have compassion but I don't in this case. My bet is we will learn a LOT more in the coming weeks. She wanted those kids out of the way for a reason, like Susan Smith and Diane Downs. They killed their babies because the men they loved and were having affairs with didn't want kids. The men were not involved and were horrified.
    I just think this was a truly selfish act by a selfish mother.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily:
      There must be something wrong with me, 'cause I couldn't care less why she did it or how she feels about it.
      No, there is nothing wrong with you. To each his own.

Comment

I have seen children who have been murdered and killed in car accidents. It is always hard to take and affects all officers involved. The little ones find ways to come back in your nightmares. I always go out of my way to avoid seeing sights like this but sometimes you have to be the one to do it. Another horrible sight to see is a fellow cop who has been killed. When they are in the same uniform for some reason it hits you like a ton of bricks. You have to act professionally and all but it is really not easy.
        As far as this case, it is a hard one. It is so much easier if the suspect was a lowlife criminal who worked his way up to this crime. But in this case if I was on the jury I think I would vote to give her the death penalty, but what a horrible job that would be. I don't know if there was other things that were happened behind the scenes. Maybe the father was having an affair who knows? But still there is no excuse and we need to hold people responsible for their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by RT:
          I don't know if there was other things that were happened behind the scenes. Maybe the father was having an affair who knows?
          I'm trying to get up the wrong side with you(I've stepped on enough toes today) but that statement... On the one hand - it speaks of a great compassion and need to believe that the givers of life can't just take it away again for no good reason, but it also provides an outstanding means of evasion for female violent offenders.

We wouldn't think this much about it for a man who'd done the same. We call him a twisted psychopath and start doing the paperwork to seal the vault on him.

I dunno, I'm not trying to be comative but it occurs to me that maybe it's time for our society to rethink the general stance on stuff like this.

Comment

No offense taken Tiger, I always welcome a well thought out response, that gives another angle at it. So I thank you for it. I just try to get inside peoples minds a little, try to figure out why they do things. I am not trying to make excuses or anything, just wondering why they snap. I guess they are not normal and perhaps we will never be able to figure them out. I know after our fourth kid my wifes chemicals were out of balance, she was a little wacky but I don't think she would do anything to hurt the kids.

Comment

When I had my son, postpartum depression wasn't even discussed. But, WOW, did I have it. I was fine until the thrid day after he was born. I spilled domething on my hospital bed and an aide became angry at me. I don't know what happened to me but all of of a sudden, these torrents of tears came. I cried literally for hours. The only one to be understanding was my husband.
              The hospital staff saw me as weak and would cast these disgusting looks at me. My husband just came down to the hospital and held me, constantly reassuring me that I was ok and so was the baby. He stayed all night, me sitting on his lap as he sat on a chair.
              The hospital staff tried to give him a hard time but he wouldn't hear of it. They even told him I would never stop crying as long as he "babied" me. He told them all where they could go.
              By the next morning, I had no more tears. I was just exhausted. My husband slept in a chair by me and didn't even wake me when they brought David down with his bottle. He would feed him, change him and cuddle him. When the baby and I slept, that's when he did.
              Without my husband, I may not have made it through.
              And the aide that got mad cause I spilled water on my bed? She actually told my husband I was not allowed to have drinks near my bed cause she wasn't changing it again. (She actually took a glass of water out of my hand!). His response was to throw a glass of water on my bed! LOL! She was ticked but he told her to change the bed...and she did. He told her that all of them were just too stupid to see that I, and other women, were having a hard time with our hormones after we had our babies. And he told her he better never hear of her saying one negetive thing to me while I was in the hospital.
              I don't think he would do that now....But he was exhausted and had no help all night long. HE took care of me and the baby. I think the glass of water he threw on the bed was pure frustration with a staff that truly did not care. But he became my hero that day!

Comment

Throw the water on the bed? I would have thrown it in that witch's face!

I really don't know what all to say about this woman drowning her own babies. I agree; she could have ran out of the house, or took the kids to a safe place. Wasn't their fault.
                What in the hell was the matter with her husband; couldn't he see it coming?

Something is really fishy here.
                Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Do you think the father is taking his wedding vows a little too far? For better or worst has its limits don't they?

Comment

I don't think she should be put to death at all. I would much rather her live out her lonely, miserable life surrounded by pics of her children than take the easy route and be put to death.

Comment

I thought about that too, RT. I know, in my instance, my wedding vows would not be more important then the life of my child. In my opinion, he is acting very strange. But, the problem is now that the rumor mill has started and I don't know what to believe. It could be the man is in deep shock.
                      But, I don't think I could "be there" for my husband. Losing a child is totally devastating. Most of us would be on the floor with grief if we lost evn one of our kids. And he lost five.

Comment

I have zero compassion for this woman. Put her down to protect society.

------------------
                        I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
                        6P1 (retired)

Comment

I really don't care what she has been diagnosed with. Like others have posted, she suddenly snapped out of it by calling her Husband only after she was done holding her 5 babies heads under water, one at a time. Think of her you may ask? Bull**** I say. What I cannot stop thinking about is the absolute terror and betrayal those helpless children suffered as they realized the one person they trusted must in the world was MURDERING them one at a time. My jaw literally dropped as I read how she chased her last child down as he ran for his life- thats what I think about. They are the real victims.

I don't have to make her into a monster to understand her. I DO NOT relate how it could happen to anyone who snaps. No, I'm sorry I know I would never snap to the point I'd slaughter my children- Give me a f*cking break.

Hundreds of thousands of people suffer from a myriad of mental health issues, very few kill people- let alone their own kids.

It is ironic that she most likely will not face the death penalty because she is (was) a "mom". This is probably because deep down some still see her as a mother who lost her kids in a tragic "mistake" instead of viewing her as a mass murderer which is what she really is.

It reminds me of the Menedez brothers who shotgunned their parents to death as they slept. Somebody (Attorney?) actually mentioned they should have our sympathy because they were now orphans.
                          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Amen Brother! Every last word of it, AMEN!!!

------------------
                            "You're never beaten until you admit it." --Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

It seems to sound worse and worse as time passes. I keep picturing her chasing that frightened little boy around the house. She still doesn't act as though it has occurred to her that she did something wrong.

Comment

It is sad thinking of all those children. But picturing that poor little boy trying yo get away breaks my heart.
                                I had a childhood friend murdered at age 11 by her uncle. It haunts me to this day.
                                The family will have a hard time for the rest of their years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2657 users online. 128 members and 2529 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X