300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killings in Houston

What a sad day this is for Houston! I am sure you must have heard about it. I am trying to make sense of it in my own mind. I am not making excuses for here nor do I think the lady is not responsible but I would like to get your ideas about this. I think the woman had been through a lot with 5 kids all under 7 years of age. I bet she had been asking for help. I remember how my wife was with a bunch of little ones in the house and at her wits end. I remember my wife telling me she needed help and sometimes I would pack the kids up and go away for as long as I could. Sometimes I had to go to work and she begged me to stay. I wonder if this woman was like this. It is strange she did not kill herself I think it is significant. That might be worth considering if you give your take on it, maybe she was trying to send a message. I do hope if you have a wife who is at her wits end you do call in sick and not go to work as I did. I know this woman was off balance and her life is ruined and has no excuse for her actions, what a shame. I wish that there was a good reason why.

Never underestimate the stress that Moms and Dads go through with their little treasured ones. I remember my husband coming home from work in a bad mood, the dog threw up all over the place, David pulled one of my hanging plants out of the ceiling, getting dirt all over my brand new couch I had just received that day, a solicitor came to the door, the corn burned.....and I just sat down and bawled. And that's nothing compared to what most parents go through cause I only had one child.
    We finally worked out a workable schedule to help me keep my peace of mind and him get his rest after work.
    Parenting is hard. That's why I admire Thalia. I could never be organzied enough to take care of 11 kids like she is.

Comment

I to think she wanted to send a message. That being, "I am a worthless sack of feces that doesn't deserve to live."

We need to make this a capitol offense, but already the whiners and talking heads are trying to shape public opinon by talking about her being depressed and on medication.

We live in a sick society.

Comment

The news said the kids ranged from 6 months to 6 years old.

------------------
        Niteshift-
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Also very hard was listening to the spokesman that said the police officers and detectives on the scene saying are taking what they saw very hard. I feel so bad for them.

Comment

I raised three alone. They were 6, 3 and -2 months when their father and I separated. Shortly after the divorce he disappeared and our only contact over the years was an occasional phone call.

The kids and I lived with my parents who took care of them while I worked. As time passed my parents' health started to go so at times I felt like I had 3 careers, breadwinner, mother and amateur nurse. I kept reminding myself that things would get better, and they did.

Looking back on it now, one of the happiest times of my life was when the kids were small and my parents healthier. I didn't adjust very well when the empty nest syndrome started.

Today I am retired, my daughters and three of my grandchildren live near me, and I have time for all of my silly little hobbies. One of my daughters just passed the State Bar exam on her first try. No, she's not going to be that kind of attorney. She specializes in environmental law.

The kids were the best thing that ever happened to me, but sometimes I feel a little guilty because I didn't marry some decent man I could have stayed married to for the rest of my life.

Comment

Snoopy, I am married to a good,decent man and have been for 31 years. But, believe me, it has not been easy. Year 12 was our hardest. He became so verbally and emotionally abusive and when he threw me out the front door one night because he didn't like what I fixed for dinner, he found his stuff on the curb. We were seperated for 6 months and I went back to him after he went into therapy and went on medication.
              He's a different person then he was back then. A truly good man who would never let anything like that happen again.
              I love him dearly but those years changed me and he worries about that. I'm not as trusting, still carry some anger with me, even after therapy, and feel less secure then I did before all this happened.
              Single looked pretty good to me then. But, he tried and did change and we had a son to consider. I can tell you one thing tho.....No one will ever lay a hand on me EVER again! I am stronger for working on our marriage with him but it hasn't been a bowl of cherries.

Comment

I've been at work all day and apparently missed this. Does anyone have a news link for this?

G.A.

------------------
                No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista
                No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

http://www.click2houston.com/sh/news...20-120635.html

I just wish I could believe that a jury will see that meds or no meds--it was a calculated act....

------------------
                  "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." --Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

This is a capital crime in Texas. So the jury will have the option of the death penalty. I am sure the mother doesn't care if they kill her. I think keeping her alive in this case might be harder for her to take. I just can't imagine killing all of them like that, But I do know they are in a better place now.

Comment

Mitzi

Mine was an alcoholic who was also very abusive. Never struck me but I thought he was going to once. Perhaps I just got out in time. He refused to try AA or talk to a doctor or the minister.

He died a few years ago. We learned about it when my daughter got a phone call from a half-sister we only suspected she had. Turns out he had two other families - one before mine and one after our divorce. Won't go into the details but the circumstances of the last one were really disgusting.

Comment

Snoopy you are my hero too. Raising the kids and everything else and they have turned out well, way to go! I bet the old man died of liver disease, unless he smoked a lot too. He was no kind of a man in my book sorry I called him that.

Comment

I cant help but think that this was a cold and premeditated murder. At some point during this mass murder she had to realize that what she was doing was wrong, and she continued murdering her children. Five sweet and innocent children died wondering why there own mother was hurting them, for that she deserves to die!

------------------
                          [email protected]

Comment

BRAVO SpecOpsWarrior!!!!!!

I mean drowning someone isn't exactly a snappy ordeal--those kids were probably terrified and thrashing around... One after the other, after the other, after the other, after the other. It just sickens me.

Comment

http://www.chron.com/

The media blitz is underway. Every story has something about her 'depression' she was 'suffering' from.

When we heard about this horrid story yesterday, we got a sudden wind storm up here. There was nothing about it on local weather and the skies were clear. Later we figured out that it was the vacuum caused by the all the news trucks and vans leaving from outside the trailer park where the woman was keeping her daughter in a closet for four months while she sexually abused her, and tearing *** to Houston.

Sorry if I sound cynical, I am.

[This message has been edited by mac90 (edited 06-21-2001).]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4263 users online. 291 members and 3972 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X