Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father buys 18yr old son Ferrari F430 Scuderia for his birthday, dead within 2 week

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul150
    replied
    Watch it when you get a chance. It's a great show with great acting.

EDIT: Meant to quote MCAPO about not seeing The Shield. Mistakenly hit post quick reply without quote.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
    I've heard some great things about the Shield; never gotten around to seeing it, but that quote alone....I will definitely watch it.
    The Shield is one of the best TV shows period.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    ummm, for me, the MKIV turbo'd Supra is almost better than a Ferrari lol. And it doesn't take much for those Sups to get into some insane highway speeds; the get up and go from their inline 6 turbos - absolutely ludicrous speeds in such a short amount of time.

Your dad should have not sold the supra, Yeah...get it out of your 16 year old hands and saved your life....but, it probably tripled in value...he should have just kept it for himself and if he didn't want any longer, sell it for a house lol.

Had a '98 TA WS-6 mildly modded running 11's. Sure do miss it.
    My parents were older when they had me and my dad didn't know much about cars. His knowledge was limited to 50's models and that was it. They didn't know what a twin turbo really meant. They just knew that it had about the same hp as a TA. Mine was completely stock besides blacked out windows.

Leave a comment:

• MCAPO
    replied
    Originally posted by JJHunsacker View Post
    like in the episode where he choked a cat to death.
    I've heard some great things about the Shield; never gotten around to seeing it, but that quote alone....I will definitely watch it.

Leave a comment:

• JJHunsacker
    replied
    Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Nick Cage? Not quite. The avatar is a photo of actor Jay Karnes - Detective "Dutch" Wagenbach from The Shield.
    That was a great character. He pretty much had an idea of what the strike team was about before anyone else. He also had a lot of frustration going on, like in the episode where he choked a cat to death.

He was also in Season 1 of Sons of Anarchy.

Leave a comment:

• MCAPO
    replied
    Originally posted by jannino View Post
    It was no Ferrari, that's for sure. 95 Toyota Supra
    ummm, for me, the MKIV turbo'd Supra is almost better than a Ferrari lol. And it doesn't take much for those Sups to get into some insane highway speeds; the get up and go from their inline 6 turbos - absolutely ludicrous speeds in such a short amount of time.

Your dad should have not sold the supra, Yeah...get it out of your 16 year old hands and saved your life....but, it probably tripled in value...he should have just kept it for himself and if he didn't want any longer, sell it for a house lol.

Had a '98 TA WS-6 mildly modded running 11's. Sure do miss it.
    Last edited by MCAPO; 10-26-2012, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    what was this fast sports car you had?
    It was no Ferrari, that's for sure. 95 Toyota Supra

Leave a comment:

• MCAPO
    replied
    The driver died of his injuries a couple days ago.

I got a fast sports car when I was 16. I got popped doing 100 in a 55 within 6 months. My dad sold the car shortly after that. It's a shame too because I really loved that car.. heck, I still want one.
    what was this fast sports car you had?

Leave a comment:

• Chomp
    replied

I got a fast sports car when I was 16. I got popped doing 100 in a 55 within 6 months. My dad sold the car shortly after that. It's a shame too because I really loved that car.. heck, I still want one.
    Hell I have one now and I occasionally catch myself doing stupid ****, and I'm almost 40. 18 year old me would've been a corpse on day 1. My first vehicle was a motorcycle; I somehow survived until it started getting cold, when my mother offered to trade me the bike for a rusty 1983 Toyota Corolla; she probably saved my life. :P

Leave a comment:

• VA Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by headonstraight View Post
    VA Dutch, who's the nick cage looking dude in your AV?

Nick Cage? Not quite. The avatar is a photo of actor Jay Karnes - Detective "Dutch" Wagenbach from The Shield.

Leave a comment:

• jannino
    replied
    Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
    Yes it's tragic and the father will forever blame himself for his sons death but there will always be people driving cars that are far above their mental level. This simply made the news because it's an exotic car. Kids with Civics that slap huge mufflers on them think they are race cars all of the sudden and drive like idiots. It's equally suicidal in a slow everyday grocery getter since it's not made to handle, and brake like a high end sports car.

**edit**
    The article doesn't say he died, just that he was critically injured and that 80% of his body had severe burns. Unless you meant the car is dead (can't argue there)

PS: The guy in the pic looks a lot older then 18 too

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    It's hard enough for adults to refrain from that kind of power but with more hormones than sense asking young guys to show that kind of restraint is asking for trouble. At least these are out of the reach for most of the population but modern super bikes can hit those kinds of speeds even quicker. I'm just glad they weren't around when I was young and dumb.

Leave a comment:

• RSGSRT
    replied
    Yes it's tragic and the father will forever blame himself for his sons death but there will always be people driving cars that are far above their mental level. This simply made the news because it's an exotic car. Kids with Civics that slap huge mufflers on them think they are race cars all of the sudden and drive like idiots. It's equally suicidal in a slow everyday grocery getter since it's not made to handle, and brake like a high end sports car.

**edit**
    The article doesn't say he died, just that he was critically injured and that 80% of his body had severe burns. Unless you meant the car is dead (can't argue there)

PS: The guy in the pic looks a lot older then 18 too
    Last edited by RSGSRT; 10-25-2012, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carbonfiberfoot
    replied
    Now if it were the (aptly named) Diablo...

Leave a comment:

• 85rx-7gsl-se
    replied
    Originally posted by Koala45 View Post
    A kid I knew back in high school got a Lamborghini Murcielago for his 18th birthday, which is actually a more difficult car to drive. Unlike the kid this thread is about, he raced motorcycles and cars and never had an issue with the car.
    Awd more difficult to drive than rwd?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6300 users online. 384 members and 5916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X