• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPhoto License Tag Frame

Necessity is the mother of invention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcFSA...e_gdata_player

Just amazing.
    As somebody pointed out in the comments on YouTube, it'd be cheaper to just pay the ticket. Better yet, if some people weren't self-important doooshe-rockets who habitually run red lights, they wouldn't have to worry about it, either.
    I think those would violate my state's MV law about proper display of plates, but red light cameras are prohibited here anyway.
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Between the reflective covers, the spray-on and the flash-slave optics, there are a number of devices available to defeat the traffic cameras. As RR Security says, the BEST way, is to always obey the law.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Would be interested to see what's happening when you are rolling behind with your unit with strobes on... Multiple counter-flash?

Also many traffic cam are taking more than one picture to see if the car was still traveling. How soon can their product flash again? If it is too slow, you can still get the tag number on the second picture.
        Last edited by patrick_leo; 10-20-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_leo View Post
          Would be interested to see what's happening when you are rolling behind with your unit with strobes on... Multiple counter-flash?

Also many traffic cam are taking more than one picture to see if the car was still traveling. How soon can their product flash again? If it is too slow, you can still get the tag number on the second picture.
          according to their product info, it can flash back multiple times quickly. This product ****es me off because someone thinks they are above the law to use it. Grrr.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_leo View Post
            LOL. This for some reason made me crack up picturing this.

Comment

$350 for a plate frame? It would encourage me to run red lights with cameras just to make me feel like I'm getting my moneys worth.

Comment

I've seen a spary that you can apply to the plate does the same thing and a whole lot chepper. Its almost like a clear coat of a high gloss. Here in CA people are scratching around the white portion of the plates, yet they dont know they are still breaking th vehilce code for altering the license plate. Just stop at the red light and no worries.
                I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

I was trying to hold off having a rant about tinted or "smoked" covers, but those things annoy the hell out of me. I saw a Cadillac recently with what I think was a Florida plate ("Caddy+FL plates" is somewhat redundant around here this time of year), and it was pretty much unreadable from where I was, less than 90' away.

I see a lot of them on vehicles with Maine plates, too, often BMWs and such, but occasionally some POS Corolla with a spoiler and badly-aimed HID headlights. (Talk about putting a "summons me" sticker on your car.)
                  My first thought when I see the covers is "scofflaw," but maybe the car owner would say it's to keep the plates clean.
                  If they think they need one for bug splats on the back plate, I'd be tempted to ask them if they like to back up at high speed.

Then I'd want to ask them if they think it's worth a $137 fine for "plates not visible and legible," while trying to defeat nonexistent automatic "traffic surveillance cameras" that aren't used in the state.

Anybody want to bet that some of the people who buy and use such things also put scraps of aluminum foil inside their hubcaps? Dumb***es.
                  --
                  Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Not that we have them here, but I'd love to be rolling behind a car that has one of those and busts the light... Now you get the red light charge and one for either white light to the rear or obscured license plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannady View Post
                      Not that we have them here, but I'd love to be rolling behind a car that has one of those and busts the light... Now you get the red light charge and one for either white light to the rear or obscured license plate.
                      Thank you. I was thinking, "Well sheesh it must be illegal to add flashing lights to your car that are active while you're driving, but what do I know?"

Besides, something tells me that on a bright sunny summer day there will not even be a flash, or it will not be detectable by the sensor in the frame.

Comment

Flash plate prohibited in California - CVC 25250.

Similarly, license plate covers that obscure or impair the ability to read the plate are also prohibited - CVC 5201(g)
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4638 users online. 318 members and 4320 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X