X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22yr old female puts home intruder down in Dallas

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Hom...174633151.html

Woman Shoots at 2 Intruders; 1 Dead: Police

Dallas police said a woman shot at two people who kicked in the door to her house late Wednesday morning, killing one.

The shooting occurred at about 11:30 a.m. in the 7200 block of Concordia Drive.

Dallas police said the woman was home alone when she heard a noise -- two men had kicked in the front door of her house.

She confronted the two men as they reached the second-floor landing and shot at them several times, police said.

The intruders ran out the front door, and one of the men collapsed from a gunshot wound, police said.

He was transported to Methodist Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The other man is still on the run.

Investigators said a gun recovered at the home indicates that at least one of the intruders was armed.

Charles Brown, the father of the 22-year-old woman who fired the shots, said he is proud of his daughter.

"Yeah, it is -- it's puffed out because I'm real proud of her because I taught her that," he said. "I taught my girls that -- to defend themselves when someone come to hurt them, and apparently she listened."

Brown said their home has been broken into once before.

"I'm feeling real disgusted about this neighborhood at this moment, that a man can't go to work and make an honest day's living without some thug breaking into his house," he said.

Because his daughter works at night and sleeps during the day, he left the gun by her pillow, just like he does every day, Brown said.

He said he will now teach his daughter how to forgive herself for taking a life.

"I really don't have a problem with what my baby done to them," he said. "I just hate that she hesitated and didn't get them both."

Give her a medal. Give dad a parenting medal.
    MAC

Comment

Wow frickin wow. I almost assumed that they were all white. I guess this is even more of a reason that Obama will never mention this. Doubt you will ever see this on any major news organizations. Kinda funny that he was having a problems with her hesitating and not dropping the second one. I wonder if they are fans of the second amendment.
      Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

This is how we do things in Texas.
        ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
          Wow frickin wow. I almost assumed that they were all white. I guess this is even more of a reason that Obama will never mention this. Doubt you will ever see this on any major news organizations. Kinda funny that he was having a problems with her hesitating and not dropping the second one. I wonder if they are fans of the second amendment.

what?
          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Thing is, that if/when they catch the second guy, he could get charged with Capital Murder for his friend's death.
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Geez, where's Ann Curry, Katie Couric, Matt Lauer&Co? Oh wait. Ann will probably do a "special" on the wounded jerk. She'll do as much mugging for the camera as a damned movie star. Naw, the "media" isn't going to cover this one. You don't do that when you're pimping for Obama, Clinton. Holder and the rest of the clowns who want our firearms.

I agree, the homeowner should get a medal. Good shoot in any case. Love it when folks refuse to be sheep and actually take a "bite out of crime".

Good point from Rudy too (Post#6). Ann could interview that clown on "Death Row".

Comment

Hijacking thread. Am I wrong, or did our thread get deleted?

Comment

In CA the other suspect would get charged with his friends death. Then the dead suspects family would sue the women and her family for taking the sweet innocent son's life. Well if they would have spent a little more time with their son maybe just maybe he would not have gone into crime. Kuddos for the women and dad. Get her a little counciling and all will be fine.
                  I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

I have to agree with you on the suing issue. Why to many people are getting sued for protecting themselves and it getting ridicules.

Also I agree with you about the girl having some counselling. I recently took a Vicarious Traumatization class and that is one of the thing the teacher stressed was important.

Comment

Good shot. Too bad the other one got away...........................

You're taking your life into your own hands when you decide to invade someone's home. Doesn't matter whether the homeowner has a weapon or not.
                      It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Are you serious. Why would the president mention this? Why did you assume they were white? I guess your racist preceptions are self evident in this writing. I hope you are not in law enforcement, because if you are, your community is indeed in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                          In CA the other suspect would get charged with his friends death. Then the dead suspects family would sue the women and her family for taking the sweet innocent son's life. Well if they would have spent a little more time with their son maybe just maybe he would not have gone into crime. Kuddos for the women and dad. Get her a little counciling and all will be fine.
                          Good thing Texas is like GA. If it's a good shot, you receive immunity from any civil suits

Comment

Why wouldn't he. He was soooooo quick to make comments about the Zimmerman/Martin shooting. Sorry about my assumptions. No, I am not a racist. Just read Texas and shooting and incorrectly assumed. I was going to make my comments based upon them being white but, watched the video first. Personally I am glad they were black. Not for what you would be assuming my reason are. I am glad because minorities should be able to protect their property just like any other ethnic group. I think that more law abiding minorities should own guns. I would like to hear more stories like this. Usually the media only posts the stories that involve a white individual shooting an "innocent" minority. My bias in this is based upon what the "Main Stream Media" presents to the public. I forgot that O.com is not the MSM.
                            Last edited by IAM Rand; 10-26-2012, 05:15 PM.
                            Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

Comment

Why wouldn't he. He was soooooo quick to make comments about the Zimmerman/Martin shooting. Sorry about my assumptions. No, I am not a racist. Just read Texas and shooting and incorrectly assumed. I was going to make my comments based upon them being white but, watched the video first. Personally I am glad they were black. Not for what you would be assuming my reason are. I am glad because minorities should be able to protect their property just like any other ethnic group. I think that more law abiding minorities should own guns. I would like to hear more stories like this. Usually the media only posts the stories that involve a white individual shooting an "innocent" minority. My bias is this is based upon what the "Main Stream Media" presents to the public. I forgot that O.com is not the MSM.
                              Erm yea, you should probably seek some help.

What does race have to do with any of this at all?
                              ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4085 users online. 242 members and 3843 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X