300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from corrections to CHP, need advice

I am unsatisfied with the California Department of Corrections (been in 3 years) and I am planning on applying for the California Highway Patrol. I have odered the study guides, taken online tests, and read the CHP web site many times over. I am confident that I will do fine on everything with or without help, but I am looking for a little edge (current interview questions) if I can find it. I have an AA and aced the CDCs academy. I know the CHP academy however is much harder and longer.

What I am looking for is someone who went through the process recently (within the last couple of years) who can give me a heads up on the interview and how long it took them to go through the process. I have also noticed that the website's description of academy life is not accurate as to what they are doing right now.

As another request for advice, I would like to live in the Oakhurst area and work (maybe Fresno or surrounding offices) within commuting distance to my future home there. Does anyone think I should move there (to Oakhurst) before I get assigned to the academy. The way the CHP prioritizes (per their website) placement is: 1.)Department needs 2.)Hardships 3.) Owning a home with school age children 4.)Owning a home with under school aged children. You must own a home prior to academy, and this is the catch.

I fit the #3 criteria as I will have my oldest daughter in school by the time I hit the academy and the #4 criteria because my youngest daughter is a couple years away from school. I am wondering if I should relocate my family to that area prior to the academy to fall under the #3 placement priority.

Thanks for any help you can lend a guard converting to the CHP!

Thanks

KnuckleDragginGuard

Moving to Ask A Cop

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158961 users online. 178 members and 158783 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X