Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here is what makes me curious: He was told not to return unless he was "on official township business".

If this is a "restricted area", what "official business" should he have in there? If it is a location that any average citizen can get into and be around, then how "restricted" is it?

I have trouble reconcilling the two ideas. If you can go park there while you pick up a copy of a crash report, it's not a "restricted area", it's public access.

Comment

There's a lot we don't know about the circumstances of the arrest, simply from lack of information. We don't have any information about whether or not the parking lot is fenced (and someone just left a gate open), or signed, or whether or not the public is allowed to park there.

The way I see it, if the DA's office is willing to file charges, and more importantly, the arrestee's own attorney is willing to do a plea bargain, then the charges are pretty solid.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree on this one?

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Niteshift:
        "I actually work/live in the same county as this officer's department."

Is their lot fenced in? Was there a sign back when the offense happened? (I'm sure there is one now)

No their lot is not fenced, I can't say whether or not there was a no trespassing sign back there though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4531 users online. 278 members and 4253 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X