300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID a car from a photo (make/model)

It's an "LE topic" because I think the people in the pic are taking something that ain't theirs. I'd like to give the non-sworn readers a chance to chime in, too, so I didn't post it in "Ask a Cop."

Extra credit if you can say what model year the car is, and/or what the manufacturer calls that color.
    (I'll buy ya two beers, or two cups of coffee. )
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

1996 mercury sable. Or 96 ford Taurus, looks more sable though. No idea what the factory color is, I call it "Blue" lol.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

What he said an the color is sky blue
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hub caps look like Mercury. Color would be "Light Ice Blue".
        Last edited by HI629; 08-05-2012, 04:05 PM.
        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

They are the same car made by virtually the same company
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Way cool. I knew somebody here would know.
            Thanks, guys.
            --

Comment

'96 to '99 Mercury Sable or Ford Taurus (rear wheel cover looks like it is from a Mercury - front one is likely Ford). Color is one of the myriad shades of blue that Ford offered on either car.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post
                '96 to '99 Mercury Sable or Ford Taurus (rear wheel cover looks like it is from a Mercury - front one is likely Ford).
                Well, dang, I never noticed they were different until you mentioned it.

I wish I'd had a cam positioned to get plate numbers there, but there was no place to put one with the right field of view. At least now I've got more info than I've had since I first downloaded the images.
                --

Comment

Not as if those are some rare cars.

Comment

No, and neither the oddball hubcap or the fact that it probably has helper springs (just a guess, looking at the occupants) would narrow it down in any BMV database.

But I'm hoping the vehicle description might "ring a bell" with somebody, even before they see the pictures. What I'd really like to do is put the pics in the newspaper, and see if anyone would "dime them out." (Boy, that expression's kinda outdated now, huh?) Maybe somebody who lost a Twinkie to one of 'em would want some payback . . .
                    --

Comment

It does help that it has two different rims on it. The front rim looks like a 16", the rear looks 15".

Comment

If I could see the tail lamps, that would help. The Taurus has amber turn signal lenses on the 1996 and 1997 models, and red on the '98 and '99 cars. The Sable has red ones in every year of that body style.

They were essentially the same car, same body and were built in the same plant.

Good luck in finding whatever information you need regarding this vehicle!!

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I would say an older Ford Taurus off the bat. I wouldn't have come up with Mercury. Although, as to the hubcap comment, now that you say that it does look like that to me as well.

I like this game.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
                          I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZone09 View Post
                            I would say an older Ford Taurus off the bat. I wouldn't have come up with Mercury. Although, as to the hubcap comment, now that you say that it does look like that to me as well.

I like this game.
                            Me, too, but I sure would like a banana chip.

So now I gotta tell the story about that: There were two chimps who were taught to play tic-tac-toe. When they won, they'd get a banana chip. The little chimp was a better player, and he was getting all the banana chips. The bigger chimp got mad and wouldn't play, and nobody was getting any banana chips. So the little chimp also learned to lose occasionally, and he still got most of the banana chips.
                            That just means we all need a win now and then, just to keep our interest up. I haven't gotten a damn banana chip in ages, but I still play the game.

I had infrared pics of a Chevy pickup a couple of years ago, with two guys swiping track materials. We had some little details about the truck, but no plate number. The plate could be seen in the pics, but it was unreadable. That was frustratin'. No banana chips for that one.
                            --

Comment

The ID on the make/model has been covered sufficiently...so I'll ask another question. How far did the subjects carry the body that they pulled from the trunk before they dumped it out there in Deliverance-land? And what's in the box???!!! Okay, so it looks more like a plastic tub, but that's not as fun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6398 users online. 388 members and 6010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X