300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot, hot, hot!!!

I don't usually complain about the heat, but today was unbearable for me! The A/C died at work and I felt like I was molting! To some, 90 degree weather may not bother them. But I swear, being cooped up inside at work, it had to be at least 100+.

How do y'all stay cool in this heat w/all that gear on? Isn't it uncomfortable? I feel for ya's!

------------------
    "There's no place like home."

[This message has been edited by kateykakes (edited 06-19-2001).]

Sorry but being from the UK I have forgotten what heat is.
    And what is air-conditioning ? - is it like our central heating ?

where has our summer gone ?

I want the tarmac to melt, I want to get a tan whilst driving around, I want to feel uncomfortable in the heat.

Oh sod it, I'm going to move to a hot country!!!!!!!

Regards from the cold and wet UK.

UKcop
    "Never under-estimate the power of thick people in large groups"

Comment

At present, it is below freezing each night in my part Australia.
      I'll trade you for the heat.
      But then again, when it gets to over 140 F here in the summer, I yearn for the cold.
      *sigh* I can't win.

Comment

It is about 103 right now...
        "Old squad cars never die, they just smell that way."
        Murphy

Comment

This is the time of year that makes me cringe. Too many officers bypass safety for comfort during the summer months. Keep that vest on! If you see a brother/sister without it, remind them. We need them around, their families need them, the public needs them. Sure you'll be hot and sticky, but at least you'll still be here to complain about it!

[This message has been edited by LBomb (edited 06-19-2001).]
          "The streets of Philadelphia are safe...it's the people that make them unsafe"---Frank Rizzo
          http://hometown.aol.com/ppd9886/PhillyCopSpot.html

Comment

It doesnt bother me that much anymore, I would rather be hot than cold! I can deal with the hard southern summers as long as I dont have to put up with the cold, I would rather sweat through a 100 degree day than see snow. I will admit that I shed the armor when I am on day shift, the more I get out in the hot summer sun I begin to feel like a walking oven.

------------------
            [email protected]

Comment

It's getting brutal hot down here now. It's to the point of breaking a sweat as soon as you walk out the door...at 8am!

What I found that worked pretty good under the body armor were Jerzees or Hanes t-shirts. Not the undershirts, but the nice thick ones. They kept the armor away from my body more and soaked up more sweat. I also used to change covers half through the shift when I worked out of my car a lot.

As much as I b*** about the hot weather, I'd rather be here than all bundled up in my winter gear. There's nothing worse than feeling like a mummy and trying to do your job.

------------------
              FLLawdog
              "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

Originally posted by Rule.303:
                At present, it is below freezing each night in my part Australia.
                I'll trade you for the heat.
                But then again, when it gets to over 140 F here in the summer, I yearn for the cold.
                *sigh* I can't win.

Over 140 huh? LMAO.

Comment

Katie I thought you was talkin about me again!........HOT! HOT! HOT!

------------------
                  RULE FOR A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL LIFE:. Don't hang around with whiners and complainers.
                  RULE FOR A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL LIFE:. Don't hang around with whiners and complainers.

Comment

Smooooooooooches king! You'll always be a hottie!

------------------

Comment

I'll take the heat down here in Dixie over the cold ANY day!!

------------------
                      JB
                      Romans 13:1-5
                      JB
                      Romans 13:1-5

Comment

What a bunch of wussies Try living in hell(Arizona) for a week, come july and august its much worse. And the first one says its a dry heat gets a spanking

I do believe the monsoon will be moving in soon. It was a little humid today. its still 110 now and its 10pm.

Comment

Nobody knows heat until they have been to the persian gulf. When I was in Kuwait during my time in the military, we registered a ramp temp of 151 deg. You can't imagine how hot that is. The Aircraft were so hot you would get blisters if you touched them. Try wearing a set of BDU's during that kind of heat. Normal July day there was 130+. That has to be the worst place on earth. I live in Michigan now thank God. I've also lived in Arizona too for 5 years and that place sucks. It is nasty in the summer. No offense. I just hate the heat.

Comment

whats hot katey the weather or you WINK WINK

Comment

Originally posted by g***a:
                              whats hot katey the weather or you WINK WINK

Smoooooooooooooooooooooches (((((g***a)))))

------------------

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4114 users online. 250 members and 3864 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X