Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At least 20 hurt after shooting during 'Dark Knight' screening in Aurora, Colorado

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
    What? No way he carried 6,000 rounds of ammo with him. Logistically impossible.
    9x19=12g

12g*6000/453.592=158.73lbs+mags

I wonder if he carried in bags to sit near the exits and refill from...

Comment

I don't think this guy wanted to die, ie the body armor and choosing a gun free zone. I believe the shooter would not have chosen a site where people would have been carrying. If he was a nut job looking for the police to put him out of his misery he would have engaged. All the more reason that business should encourage leagal concealed carry. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Probably 6,000 rounds that he ordered, not that he had on him at the theater. Definitely not that he had at the theater, unless his car was loaded down.

Comment

Chief Oates stated in the news conference that he had purchased 3,000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of .40, and 300 12g rounds. He also stated there were containers of ammunition daisy chained to containers of liquid in the suspects apartment. Theres no way a 185lb man carries 160lb of ammo + 2 long guns + 2 handguns + full body armor. As bad as it was, it could have been ten times worse. If he decided to fight it out or Continue through the theater, the numbers would be incomprehensible.

Comment

^Like I said... Simply ordered that much, not carried.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMyk View Post
              While I wouldn't have blink an eye if he'd died, it's not a terrible thing he's alive, he will at least get some earthly punishment before burning in hell IMO... Perhaps studying him might help us in the future though I doubt it.
              1. Earthly punishment? What earthly punishment? I worked at CSP, where this jackhole will go after he gets the death penalty. The absolute worst thing that will happen to this guy is when one of the inmates gets it into his head to make a bunch of noise all night, or, maybe, someone will try to ****-bomb his cell. All he has to do is put a towel under his door and put his headphones on so he can watch in in-cell television. He'll get his meds brought to him, he'll get his paperwork and his toilet paper brought to him. He'll get his food hand-delivered to him.
              *pfft* Earthly punishment my rusty wagon wheel...

2. A long time ago, I worked grave shift security on the mall property where this theatre sits. I still know people who work there. One of my sons was planning to go to this theatre for the Dark Knight premier, fortunately his plans fell through. My other son has a friend who did go to this premier; we haven't heard from him and don't know if he's all right or not.

Needless to say, I am not happy that this guy didn't go down in a hail of bullets. That smirk in his photograph says it all when it comes to his motives: he wants to be famous. I hope that he gets a flesh eating virus in his colon.
              sigpic
              Don't make me gassy.
              You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Interceptor View Post
                My families safety comes first, period. F*ck the law, the sign, and anyone who doesn't like it. I will protect my family.
                What about simply not patronizing a business if you don't like the conditions they set for entering their place of business?
                The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by eyesopen View Post
                  What about simply not patronizing a business if you don't like the conditions they set for entering their place of business?
                  Insurance regulations make it almost impossible to find a theatre without a "gun free zone" policy. They don't understand that it it MY policy to sue the hell out of any "gun free zone" that gets me or mine hurt because I can't protect myself.
                  sigpic
                  Don't make me gassy.

Comment

As I read more and more, things about this aren't adding up. Depressed nutjobs with delusions of persecution shoot up places and then off themselves in hopes that they will be viewed as martyrs of the oppressed. The mass killers who just want 15 minutes of fame seem to shoot up the place, flee, watch themselves on the news, then off themselves when LE catches up and surrounds whatever place they're holed up in.

However, THIS GUY got full body armor, bought weapons at enough places and spaced out in such a time period that it wouldn't set off any red flags with anyone. He knows the system. Then, despite no apparent training in explosives, he rigs his apartment to blow with booby traps that confound even explosives experts. He buys at least a total $4000 in guns and ammo with no job to speak of and school debt and apartment rent. He obviously had a few thousand dollars in body armor and such. He displayed absolutely no warning signs, has no history of mental illness. He surrenders without a fight to authorities then refuses to cooperate or answer any questions. With that kind of funding, planning, knowledge of the system as well as explosives, I am beginning to seriously doubt that this guy acted alone.
                    Last edited by GangGreen712; 07-21-2012, 12:36 AM.
                    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                    -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
                      As I read more and more, things about this aren't adding up. Depressed nutjobs with delusions of persecution shoot up places and then off themselves in hopes that they will be viewed as martyrs of the oppressed. The mass killers who just want 15 minutes of fame seem to shoot up the place, flee, watch themselves on the news, then off themselves when LE catches up and surrounds whatever place they're holed up in.

However, THIS GUY got full body armor, bought weapons at enough places and spaced out in such a time period that it wouldn't set off any red flags with anyone. He knows the system. Then, despite no apparent training in explosives, he rigs his apartment to blow with booby traps that confound even explosives experts. He buys at least a total $4000 in guns and ammo with no job to speak of and school debt and apartment rent. He obviously had a few thousand dollars in body armor and such. He displayed absolutely no warning signs, has no history of mental illness. He surrenders without a fight to authorities then refuses to cooperate or answer any questions. With that kind of funding, planning, knowledge of the system as well as explosives, I am beginning to seriously doubt that this guy acted alone.
                      He's a whack job. He did a good job of not throwing that fact in people's faces... That's really all I see here. I don't see a multi-person conspiracy.

if more than one person is involved, they usually make it damn obvious what their message/agenda is. This guy didn't even try.

Comment

Incidents like this make me question the principle of "innocent until proven guilty by a jury of one 's peers."

In the old days, a vigilante group would storm the jail, grab this prisoner, and either pitchfork him to death or hang him. However, instead of swift justice, this matter will fester in the courts for many more years.

I would bet that in China, this guy would already be dead, by execution, with a bullet in the back of his head. Sometimes, the Chinese might have the right idea on how to handle matters like this.
                        Last edited by Street_Cop50; 07-21-2012, 02:17 AM.
                        Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
                          This guy didn't even try.
                          Give it time, maybe he will. Maybe there are other attacks planned that would be jeopardized by him talking.

Or maybe he's a lone f***tard who needs a massive, fatal arsewoopin'.
                          sigpic
                          Don't make me gassy.

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
                            Incidents like this make me question the principle of "innocent until proven guilty by a jury of one 's peers."
                            Whoa, there Ninja. No need to end America as we know it. Won't take much to try him, and fry him. All that has to happen is for Colorado to get off its collective Liberal arse and actually do it.
                            sigpic
                            Don't make me gassy.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadDoc View Post
                              Actually, that is exactly what they think. I know because I have discussed this with them. The bizarre logic amazes me but there seems to be no way to reason with them. It is axiomatic that people typically assume others will behave the same way they would in a given situation, which leads me to wonder how many liberals have barely-controlled hatred seething all the time.
                              It's the same mentality so many environmentalists have. I reference certified Ding-bats like Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, et al. In their quest for a clean green planet, they're quite willing to take us right back to the Stone Age. For them, there is no such things as reasonable, responsible, willing to listen. Come to think of it, that's pretty much a liberal attribute, and oh yes, it extends to so-called gun control.

Comment

Originally posted by eyesopen View Post
                                That is excellent advice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5227 users online. 408 members and 4819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X