Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At least 20 hurt after shooting during 'Dark Knight' screening in Aurora, Colorado

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
    Why do people like this exist...

Why can't they just kill themselves, and leave those who care about the world around them alone.

I hated to see that he didn't die at the scene.
    Evil, stupid, crazy, unhinged, what have you type people have always and will always exist. MOST people who want to kill themselves just go ahead and do it, but others need attention for a variety of sick reasons.

While I wouldn't have blink an eye if he'd died, it's not a terrible thing he's alive, he will at least get some earthly punishment bfore burning in hell IMO... Perhaps studying him might help us in the future though I doubt it.

The whole ting is scary, but this is the part that (if confirmed) scares me the most

The gunman was wearing a bullet-proof vest and dressed entirely in black. Some witnesses also told reporters that he was wearing a gas mask or or goggles. A police officer told TODAY that the shooter might have been wearing "some sort of Batman costume."
    I carry concealed about as much as I can, especially with my family with me. While my rational mind knows it's really rare to find yourself in a "Hollywood Bank Robbery / Tyler Courthouse " style incident against an ARMORED active shooter, the possibilty still scares me to death.
    ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

CNN posted some radio traffic.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/20...off/?hpt=hp_t1
      ~Gun control has always been about punishing the people that didn't shoot anyone.

Comment

Tip of the cap to all of those involved, prayers as well.

Blessed are the peacemakers.
        The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

And the idiocy begins:

Aurora Shooting: ABC's Brian Ross Incorrectly Suggests Tea Party Link

ABC's Brian Ross got himself into trouble on Friday when he incorrectly suggested there may have been a link between the alleged shooter in the Colorado theater tragedy and the Tea Party. Both Ross and the network later apologized for making the claim.

Ross' comments came after federal officials informed news outlets that the suspect was named James Holmes. George Stephanopoulos threw to him on "Good Morning America" by saying, "You've been investigating the background of Jim Holmes here. You found something that might be significant."

"There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross said. "Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado.

---------------

ABC later retracted the above.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMyk View Post
            And it continues....CNN is already trying to drag the NRA into this.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/tech/s...weet-shooting/

The media is desperately trying to blame gun-advocacy groups. Can't this debate wait? 12 people just lost their lives. This is a national tragedy and the media is already playing the blame game by creating useless stories like the ones linked above.

EDIT: Fox News just reported the alleged shooter does NOT have a CCW.

Originally posted by Carbonfiberfoot View Post
            *embedded*
            Thanks....it wouldn't embed for me earlier.
            Last edited by Jacob2899; 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM.
            "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Comment

The National Police Explorers conference has been going on this week In Colorado approx. an hour from where this occurred. Hopefully no LEO's where there too.
              "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by BigMyk View Post
                And the idiocy begins:

Aurora Shooting: ABC's Brian Ross Incorrectly Suggests Tea Party Link

ABC's Brian Ross got himself into trouble on Friday when he incorrectly suggested there may have been a link between the alleged shooter in the Colorado theater tragedy and the Tea Party. Both Ross and the network later apologized for making the claim.

Ross' comments came after federal officials informed news outlets that the suspect was named James Holmes. George Stephanopoulos threw to him on "Good Morning America" by saying, "You've been investigating the background of Jim Holmes here. You found something that might be significant."

"There's a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross said. "Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes. But it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado.

---------------

ABC later retracted the above.
                BigMyk, it seems to me that there could be a possibility of a lawsuit by the Jim Holmes who had nothing to do with this based on the slanderous statements made about him by the network. Possible defamation suit maybe? Would it stand?

Comment

Originally posted by mr crowley View Post
                  BigMyk, it seems to me that there could be a possibility of a lawsuit by the Jim Holmes who had nothing to do with this based on the slanderous statements made about him by the network. Possible defamation suit maybe? Would it stand?
                  I don't know anything at all about defamation lawsuits personally, but that's a real good question.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the radio traffic. That dispatcher was flawless. L-25 did a great job, as did everyone else. What a terrifying incident.

I'll save the political comments for a later time.

Comment

Chief is doing a live press conference at this moment on CNN (and I assume most other networks)

Toll is up to 12 dead and 59 injured. (Previously was 38 injured)
                      There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

My thoughts and prayers to everyone affected, and my eternal thanks to all who responded.

Sadly, from what they said in the news conference, this guy was armored from throat to shins. I don't even think an armed person inside could have stopped him easily.
                        If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
                          You're being sarcastic right?
                          No, he's just a f***ing idiot. This isn't the first time he's stuck his foot in his mouth.
                          Last edited by ProtectandServe; 07-20-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I don't want to minimize this in any way, but the article I read said two of the wounded were a 3 month old and a 6 year old. At a midnight movie.

Comment

Originally posted by mac266 View Post
                              Unfortunately, Colorado law requires CCW permit holders *AND* off-duty cops to follow "no guns allowed" signs posted by businesses...
                              why would the legislators come up with such a backwards and ridiculous law? Nevermind i just answered my own question; legislator & ridiculous need I say more.

Comment

Wow one of the victims was present during the Toronto Eaton centre shooting where 2 people died

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6333 users online. 441 members and 5892 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X