Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California window tinting for UC vehicles

Hi,

I have heard that undercover (UC) vehicles are exempt from the CA tinted windows law and can get their front windows tinted. Has anyone heard of that or have anything to support that? I perused the vehicle code but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

First off, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean marked, unmarked or undercover?
    sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
    I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

Nope no exemption
      Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

Second, why do you care? Unless you're driving one I wouldn't worry about it.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

why did you double post this here in general and then in the CA forum?
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions.

Comment

I once took a new, unmarked vehicle to have its windows tinted. The person doing the work actually offered to tint it to whatever level I wanted, regardless of the law. I declined, because I didn't want the car to stand out anymore than any other vehicle.
            "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

I wonder who you heard this from? I also wonder How this topic came up that you thought it necessary to ask here?

SO, now that you know there is no exemption from the Vehicle Code, next time you see a UC cop car with dark window tint, you will know it is NOT really a UC police car.
              semper destravit

Comment

^^^ Good answer. I think somebody was goin' fishin', without Andy 'n' Opie.
                --
                Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by matt268 View Post
                  Hi,

I have heard that undercover (UC) vehicles are exempt from the CA tinted windows law and can get their front windows tinted. Has anyone heard of that or have anything to support that? I perused the vehicle code but couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
                  I'll bet that right now you are real happy you came here and asked that question.
                  Retired

Comment

geez guys, relax please. I'm asking because I drive an unmarked UC vehicle for my agency. Recently the department that tints the windows for all UC vehicles said they wont do the front windows because it is illegal. However, the Commander of our unit told me it was not illegal. So I was just trying to get some other input from people who are also in law enforcement. For those of you who responded without sarcasm or who didn't try to make me feel like an idiot, thank you. This was a serious question I had related to what I felt was an investigative necessity and officer safety issue for the type of assignment I have.

Comment

Feel free to PM me your agency info since your profile was lacking the basics.
                      semper destravit

Comment

When I see what I think is a UC car with an illegal degree of window tint, I use the "police lights" app on my smartphone to pull them over.

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                          Feel free to PM me your agency info since your profile was lacking the basics.
                          Seems a bit off to me too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok guys, just got an email today from DOJ. AB 2660 was just signed by the governor. This bill now allows UC vehicles to have front tint. Thanks for your assistance everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by matt268 View Post
                              Ok guys, just got an email today from DOJ. AB 2660 was just signed by the governor. This bill now allows UC vehicles to have front tint. Thanks for your assistance everyone.
                              I had an issue in my searches verifying what you said, so I went to the source.

Link: http://gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=17644

Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update

7-24-2012

SACRAMENTO – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:

• AB 1460 by Assemblymember Alyson Huber (D-El Dorado Hills) – California Commission on Industrial Innovation.
                              • AB 1595 by Assemblymember Paul Cook (R-Yucaipa) – Vehicles: recreational off-highway vehicles.
                              • AB 1793 by Assemblymember Mariko Yamada (D-Davis) – Public health: federal funding: public health emergencies.
                              • AB 1869 by Assemblymember John A. Perez (D-Los Angeles) – Office of Patient Advocate: federal veterans health benefits.
                              • AB 2111 by Assemblymember Nora Campos (D-San Jose) – Vehicle registration: exemptions.
                              • AB 2146 by Assemblymember Paul Cook (R-Yucaipa) – Political Reform Act of 1974: local campaign reform: County of San Bernardino.
                              • AB 2657 by Assemblymember Charles Calderon (D-Whittier) – Electronic court reporting.
                              • AB 2660 by Assemblymember Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana) – Vehicles: peace officer vehicles: window tinting or glazing.

For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html.
                              At least people can't whine about that one anymore.
                              Last edited by GreenZone09; 07-25-2012, 12:47 AM. Reason: ADD
                              sigpic

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7304 users online. 279 members and 7025 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X