Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have majored in psych instead of law enforcement, and I would have actually studied and tried to get decent grades instead of just passing. I'd also have to consider going to a community college instead of straight to a four-year school.

Mike
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

---- invest in Mircosoft

Comment

I WOULD'VE BEEN A DOG....
        American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Comment

I too have been pondering this one.
          I wouldn't change my vocational history, I am very proud of my careers in Fire/EMS and now Le.

[ 11-16-2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: 10mmMikey ]

Comment

Change #1 - When I left the farm I would have come directly to California instead of a 12-year detour somewhere else. I won't say where. Someone might be offended.

Change #2 - Married a different person. (I've been divorced since 1970.)

Tprspouse, As to waiting to get married and waiting to have children, it is possible to wait too long. The biological clock keeps ticking.

Comment

Well, I guess if I had to go back to June, I'd pay just a little bit more attention to my friends and acquaintances (sp?). I found out the hard way that way too many people die young. [Frown]
              If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

i would have gone to school to be a liar, or lawyer, however you spell it. maybe in a few more years i'll try that.

Comment

Snoopy,

I am talking about waiting at least until college is overwith to get married and then when the couple is financially stable enough to take care of themselves it may be time to start adding babies into the picture.

It can be done though, and this is just my opinion. I did it, I am sure other Mom's out there did it. I am sure there are Mom's out there who skipped the marriage part and got pregnant and had babies a lot younger than I did. Heck, being a single Mom is a lot more difficult. Why knowingly put yourself through a rough life of not having what you wanted, or were what you wanted to be just for the sake of getting married?

I seriously don't think my biological clock was ticking at 21 years of age. I am 31 now and had I not already gotten married I'd start worrying at about now. LOL

[ 11-13-2002, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
                  "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

I got married really young and I think I would have waited! He is a great guy, no doubt but I would have liked to do a few more things first.

I would have told my brother "I LOVE HIM" about a million times, if I knew what I know now!

I would have tried to do well in college the first time instead partying too much.....

Hmmmm, come to think of it....with the exception of number two, I DON'T think I would change anything.

Life is wierd and I quit trying to figure it out long ago and besides I have had a great time learning through my mistakes......

As Patton once said, "Success is how high you bounce once you hit bottom."

I am sure we have all been there, done that.....

Take care
                    "Life breaks us all and afterwards some are strong at the broken places."
                    --Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Comment

I agree with Piper, in that the experiences that we've had make us who we are today, and i like who i am.

If I HAD to really think back, i would have gone to college for more than 2 years, and gotten into something like forensic anthropology. I know you're never too old to go to college, but i just dont have it in me to do it. i'm too chilled out these days

Also, i think i would change how i ended a relationship with someone i really loved, and who i still think about finding just to see how he's doing. I shouldnt have ended it, or i should have at least done it differently. it's been over 25 years... maybe Maury or Montel can help me find him

[ 11-14-2002, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                      "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Picked a career that would have allowed me to afford all the kids I wanted. Had the kids every other year in my 20s so they would all be darn near out of the house all ready. As it is now, I'm going to have to work into the retirment years because I'll still have one at home.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4334 users online. 264 members and 4070 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X