300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American History X

Have any of you seen this movie? WOW! It was a good movie.
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Yeah. Edward Norton is from where I'm from. Avery Brooks is da' man.

It's a seriously disturbing movie -- especially the sidewalk bit. EW.

Comment

It was very disturbing, but therein lies a great moral to the whole movie. Your friends aren't necessarily your friends unless you believe in what they believe in. If you turn on them, watch out...you're by yourself in a world that wants your a**!

The thing is, what he was saying was true. Every bit of it. But, he took it to the extreme and hated everybody for something he couldn't change. I loved it when the teacher asked him if what he's done has made his life better. Makes ya think!

[ 11-13-2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

It must not have been too good. I can't remember anything except Norton and his good acting.
        And that it was too short.

TG
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I agree. Good movie. Sort of disturbing movie. Moral lesson. I've seen it a couple of times.

"If you turn on them, watch out...you're by yourself in a world that wants your a**!"

Quite literally in the case of this movie. [Eek!]

Comment

I thought it was a great movie. For me it was the kind of movie you don't enjoy, but the content definatly makes you glad you watched it.
            Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
            -Mark Twain

Comment

We were shown the movie as part of a Cultural Diversity class. It was not the kind of movie I would have rented to watch but I did like the movie for its content & lesson.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6029 users online. 339 members and 5690 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X