Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCEP with CBP

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with SCEP Interns with CBPO. What did they do on a typical day. What did they wear? Just things like that. Thanks!

I like cheese and bacon on my burger. Pink in the middle and a little bloody.
    It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

What is that supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by KBondCBP View Post
        What is that supposed to mean?
        What are your initials supposed to mean? You writing to us in code?

Comment

If I were, wouldn't you be able to break it?

Comment

If I were, wouldn't you be able to break it?
            OK Junior, YOU came to us with a question. Our question to you was what the various initials meant. You want to be a freakin smart-***, have a ball. You're still the one with a question. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              OK Junior, YOU came to us with a question. Our question to you was what the various initials meant. You want to be a freakin smart-***, have a ball. You're still the one with a question. Right?
              No need to get upset. Lets not get off on the wrong foot here. SCEP = Student Career Experience Program. Didn't mean to come out as a smart one. Sorry about that! Let me tell a little more about my self as well. I am in the Army National Guard, currently enrolled in school, and I am in the process of my BI for a spot with CBP as a intern. My apologies PhilipCal.
              Last edited by KBondCBP; 06-12-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

No need to get upset. Lets not get off on the wrong foot here. SCEP = Student Career Experience Program. Didn't mean to come out as a smart one. Sorry about that! Let me tell a little more about my self as well. I am in the Army National Guard, currently enrolled in school, and I am in the process of my BI for a spot with CBP as a intern. My apologies PhilipCal.

Your apology is accepted, but with a strong note of caution to you. You're seeking entry into a profession where first impressions can make all the difference between being hired and left on the outside looking in. Your first impression here was anything but favorable. Now please understand, that I am not upset. I'm retired. You're trying to get in. YOU should be very upset that you made such a crappy first impression. Alright, now that the secret handshake and other admin items have been disposed of, you're essentially desiring to become an intern. Many agencies use them, and it can be a great learning experience for you. If you're selected, leave any temptation to be a smart-*** at home. Adopt the same attitude which got you through your basic training in the Guard. Eyes and Ears open, mouth shut. That doesn't mean you shouldn't or can't ask questions. Just be certain that you come across as someone sincerely desiring to learn. With that attitude, you'll be amazed at the doors which will open for you, and at the number of people who will really want to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  Your apology is accepted, but with a strong note of caution to you. You're seeking entry into a profession where first impressions can make all the difference between being hired and left on the outside looking in. Your first impression here was anything but favorable. Now please understand, that I am not upset. I'm retired. You're trying to get in. YOU should be very upset that you made such a crappy first impression. Alright, now that the secret handshake and other admin items have been disposed of, you're essentially desiring to become an intern. Many agencies use them, and it can be a great learning experience for you. If you're selected, leave any temptation to be a smart-*** at home. Adopt the same attitude which got you through your basic training in the Guard. Eyes and Ears open, mouth shut. That doesn't mean you shouldn't or can't ask questions. Just be certain that you come across as someone sincerely desiring to learn. With that attitude, you'll be amazed at the doors which will open for you, and at the number of people who will really want to help you.
                  Understood. I am still trying to feel my way through the LE community and find out what I like to do. Being a State PO, did you ever wonder what it was like to be part of a different LE organization, whether it be Federal, local, etc?

Comment

I was a Deputy Sheriff, and a City Police Officer prior to being hired by the state.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9976 users online. 392 members and 9584 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                    X